Hacking keep getting Failed to mount CTRNAND!

darky2003

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
Section III - Configuring Luma3DS
STEP 3 says:

Press (Start) to save and reboot
  • If you get a black screen, just continue to the next section
  • If you get a “Failed to mount CTRNAND” error, just continue to the next section
then i have to
  1. Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
This step doesn't work!
i'm always getting Failed to mount CTRNAND when i try to start when pressing start and power button.

How do i fix this :s , all files should be in correct folders!
Should i try to install hourglass9 and restore my SYSnand from a backup?

Last edited by darky2003,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you copied arm9loaderhax.bin from the latest version of Luma3DS, which is currently v7.0.1: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v7.0.1/Luma3DSv7.0.1.7z

You should also have the GodMode9 payload in sd:/luma/payloads : https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/download/v1.0.7/GodMode9-20170324-202632.zip

Then, with the 3DS off, hold the Start button, and power on. If you still get the CTRNAND error, then for some reason Luma doesn't want to show the chainload menu, in which case you can proceed to Option B.

Option B: Rename GodMode9's payload to arm9loaderhax.bin and put that at the root of the SD card. This will start GodMode9 when you turn the 3DS on instead of Luma3DS. You'll need to restore the Luma3DS arm9loaderhax.bin once you're done.

EDIT: You may need to name it arm9loaderhax_si.bin for screen init if you get a blank screen using Option B.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +si

darky2003

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
i'm in godmode, what option should i take now? what do i have to do?
isn't godmode only a file transfer app?

Should i go with hourglass9 and restore my system nand?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm in godmode, what option should i take now? what do i have to do?
isn't godmode only a file transfer app?

Should i go with hourglass9 and restore my system nand?
Continue from where you left off in the guide, Section IV. It says to use GodMode9 to restore the ctrtransfer image that you saved previously.

If you saved a full NAND dump, you can use Hourglass9 instead. You'll need to make Hourglass9 the arm9loaderhax.bin file.

Reactions: darky2003

darky2003

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
Continue from where you left off in the guide, Section IV. It says to use GodMode9 to restore the ctrtransfer image that you saved previously.

If you saved a full NAND dump, you can use Hourglass9 instead. You'll need to make Hourglass9 the arm9loaderhax.bin file.
I would like to thank you for your support, i finaly managed to get a cfw on my 3ds :yay3ds:.
It really was a pain in the ass because the https://3ds.guide/ misses some important parts where things can go wrong. So for me it was a pain in the ass.
Anyway, glad i did it. Up to the next 3ds from my daugter :unsure:

Reactions: hj74

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I would like to thank you for your support, i finaly managed to get a cfw on my 3ds :yay3ds:.
It really was a pain in the ass because the https://3ds.guide/ misses some important parts where things can go wrong. So for me it was a pain in the ass.
Anyway, glad i did it. Up to the next 3ds from my daugter :unsure:
What parts did it miss? It looks to me like you failed to copy the correct files to your SD.

djender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I got the same error as darky2003.

@Quantumcat, we didn't make a mistake, there really was something wrong. I checked all steps thrice and still got black screen.

@GerbilSoft thank you very much for your support! I had to rename it to arm9loaderhax_si.bin and it worked!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I got the same error as darky2003.

@Quantumcat, we didn't make a mistake, there really was something wrong. I checked all steps thrice and still got black screen.

@GerbilSoft thank you very much for your support! I had to rename it to arm9loaderhax_si.bin and it worked!
But didn't you fix it after correcting the wrong files? You say it "left out important parts" what parts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.