Hardware KC-Electronics Nintendo 3DS Replacement Battery Pack

Hazard7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Wouldn't it have to be a 5200Mah battery to give you 20 hours? I would assume a 2000Mah battery would only give you a max of 7.5 hours?

Well I don't know really but I blame the some website I read about saying they give 20+ hour battery life on 1800MaH-2000MaH. It really stupid infomation if you ask me. LOL

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My advice: wait for reviews to come.
smile.gif

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
solution: Play your 3DS with 3D slider half up, light lvl 4 and power saving mode. I get about 7 hours playing with this with the normal battery.

If you want to get this, you might want to wait for some proffesional reviews.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
boktor666 said:
solution: Play your 3DS with 3D slider half up, light lvl 4 and power saving mode. I get about 7 hours playing with this with the normal battery.

Wow, that's a whole lot of juice. Somewhere around the DSi I guess (at max brightness)
laugh.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:

Assuming you mean a 3DS game.

Wait about 7 hours? Really? Can you test that?

AFAIK 3DS = 3-5 Ds = 5-8 hours.

Anyway the slider position I believe wouldn't make a difference.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Porobu said:
It says:
POWER SUPPLY INPUT: 4.6V 900 mA
Mhm. That only means the charger then or something?

QUOTE(xile6 @ May 1 2011, 02:39 PM) I would just get a usb battery then a usb to dsi chager.
A USB battery eh?
Hm...

I ordered a DSi USB charger cable, going to plug the 3DS cradle into my router since I never use that USB slot and it's always on.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds can last 7 hours also playing a 3ds game... its called power saving mode. Idk why anybody ever complains about battery life and never tries the power saving mode, it really does help the battery time.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
My 3ds can last 7 hours also playing a 3ds game... its called power saving mode. Idk why anybody ever complains about battery life and never tries the power saving mode, it really does help the battery time.
I have power save mode off. Do you know how it works? I thought it just lowered the brightness slightly.

Anyway, I have never had a problem with the battery. My 3DS hasn't gotten to one bar (Red battery) since I got it. I only turn my 3DS off at night, but always keep it on in my pocket, and have it on me all day.

I just drop it on the charger everytime I'm not using it (So basically, every night) and I haven't had a problem. The charging dock was the best solution to a big problem.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
I have power save mode off. Do you know how it works? I thought it just lowered the brightness slightly.

Anyway, I have never had a problem with the battery. My 3DS hasn't gotten to one bar (Red battery) since I got it. I only turn my 3DS off at night, but always keep it on in my pocket, and have it on me all day.

I just drop it on the charger everytime I'm not using it (So basically, every night) and I haven't had a problem. The charging dock was the best solution to a big problem.
Power saving mode dims colors that are darker colors anyways. So blacks are black, instead of a lit-black-screen type of black. It really is noticable on DS games, cause of the black bars. When in a DS game, use the Home button and the shortcuts to see the difference between power-saving and not.
I have my brightness on 4 with power-saver on most of the time....I never turn it off, I just put it on the charger at night. It's died because of a blinking red battery once, when I had first got it, played it all day, and on full brightness with no power saver.

ccfreak2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
solution: Play your 3DS with 3D slider half up, light lvl 4 and power saving mode.The actual position of the slider beyond off or on doesn't matter wrt. power usage. It's either in "3D mode" or it isn't. The slider just determines the separation between the viewports.

Nollog said:
going to plug the 3DS cradle into my router since I never use that USB slot and it's always on.A great idea...until you find out that your 3DS is pulling as much power as the router itself. 900mA is way beyond the USB spec, and the adapter for the router itself is probably barely sufficient for its own needs, so you'd have to use those awful USB wall warts.

awssk8er said:
Since the brightness control already does that, what would be the point? The only visible changes in "power save" mode is that the screens are tinged slightly yellower. A poster in another thread stated that it's because it takes less power to represent white as off-white instead. In addition, the 3DS figures out if the display is all black (maybe through function calls for clearing the screen, maybe by just checking the framebuffer) and simply switches off the backlight if it is, which would probably save quite a bit of power. Note that these are just the changes we can actually see; there may be other magic going on internally, such as controlling the power through RAM or CPU sleep states. A moot point, though, considering how it works doesn't really matter a whole lot as long as it does actually save power.

QUOTE(Masterpaul @ May 1 2011, 01:20 PM)
I wish some took a bite, and reported the outcome from all these replacement batteries.
Considering the 3DS itself costs as much as a typical netbook, some apprehension towards using aftermarket mods as these is understandable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: