Hacking Kanji display problem on KR 3DS?

riechan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone come across this problem? Could it be because of my 3DS region and is there any way that this can be fixed somehow?

m3tB2st.jpg

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
What region is your 3DS? emuNAND version?

Ninja Edit :
Oh OK. Basing your thread name. I'm assuming your 3DS is Korean version. Sadly your only choice is to change the region of your emuNAND.

Last edited by StriderVM,

riechan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi @Dean_ thanks as always. I looked it up and found this: http://3ds.tgbus.com/hack/201508/20150807172750.shtml

A rough Google Translate, and it says there:
1. Copy font folder to root
2. Install Shared Font Tool CIA

So, I run the app and I'm only presented with 3 options, as opposed to the one in here (the download link provides v.1.1):

20150807175941540.jpg

I only have START (exit), SELECT (recover font) and DOWN (change to KR). I press SELECT and nothing happens (no changes to the system font). I press down and get this:

7a2807H.jpg

So, I go back to the HOME Menu and see this:

Aw8NZCh.jpg

It's like that all over the system (it returns to normal, at least afaik, when you reboot the system). I fire up ACG SFT again and I get the rest of the options but it couldn't determine my shared font type anymore. I try pressing Select to revert changes and I get this:

eEEC8Rg.jpg

When I press up, I get this error:

VpI2PGK.jpg

Couldn't find anything except for this Baidu thread that I couldn't translate with Google and this Korean thread that looks like an intro to the app

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it's strange , the fount shouldn't me ingame tjing ? o_o
sice Hanzi and Hangul (in J/E/U ) only display as missignos question mark thing, I think there are placeholders for them , then we can't do something like an complete font for the 3DS ?
Finding korean and chinese miis even disturbed me because of that hahaha

riechan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think US/EU 3DS's both have built-in Japanese fonts in them, and this seems to happen only to KR and CH systems. That could also be the reason why I haven't found anything about it (Shared Font Tool) here until Dean_ mentioned it and keep finding Chinese and (some) Korean websites mentioning SFT.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think US/EU 3DS's both have built-in Japanese fonts in them, and this seems to happen only to KR and CH systems. That could also be the reason why I haven't found anything about it (Shared Font Tool) here until Dean_ mentioned it and keep finding Chinese and (some) Korean websites mentioning SFT.
I think the J/E/U 3DS are all basically the same, just change the system laguage options and region look :B

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either