Just Tried SaveMiiFrii, it failed.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by HaplessIdiot, Dec 1, 2015.

1. HaplessIdiot
    OP

HaplessIdiot Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2015
    United States
    I opened up a offbrand gc controller to try and save my wii that I bricked installing a shitty cIOS back in 2010. I was trying to get the newest version of cIOS and DVDmod installed at the same time. I held all 4 dpad buttons and still a black screen. What modchips or actions do I need to do to save my wii? I Really don't want to buy a new one since it was the OG 2008 wii from launch and I value it too much.
    EDIT: Would getting a modded dvd drive let me boot a system menu off a dvd?

Last edited by HaplessIdiot, Dec 1, 2015
  2. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    you will have go get a mod chip that's set to autoboot a dvd. you can then burn something like wad manager on a dvd and it will autoboot the dvd before the wii attempts to load the system menu. you will need some working ios for it to use to boot. there is a program that lets you make your own custom wii dvd image. That will alow you to create a dvd image with what ever dol you need to boot. i have created a wad manager 1.5 dvd image before and burned it to a dvd and i can confirm it works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice