Just to be clear

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Blazer, Aug 14, 2011.

Aug 14, 2011

Just to be clear by Blazer at 4:34 AM (2,341 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Blazer
    OP

Member Blazer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've read topics but I haven't gotten a clear reliable source to convince me of this:

If I buy a Nintendo 3DS from my local gaming store, will my Supercard DSTWO, with the latest firmware on it but no other special additions, be able to play DS games, as well as other homebrew, such as the GBA emulator, on the Nintendo 3DS, as well as play Nintendo 3DS games bought from the store, without causing any bricking, emulation errors, or other issues?

Please be very detailed in your response as this is going to be one $180 system I'm going to buy that I will regret greatly if I cannot play my DS ROMs and other hacks on it. I read that the SCDSTWO firmware works but the information wasn't clear for someone who only dabbles in this sort of thing and isn't very familiar with flash carts outside of the basics of how to work them (AKA downloading stuff, putting it on an SD, sticking the SD in my SCDS2, and enjoying it).

Thank you very much. [​IMG]

2. worm dood

Newcomer worm dood Advanced Member

United States
    yes there are patches on the supercard website that will make it work with the latest 3ds firmware i have two 3ds and it works in both

3. ImperialX

Member ImperialX GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Acekard 2i will also work.

4. thela_kid

Member thela_kid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    no, the dstwo cannot play 3dsgames (yet) and there are no public releases or common methods of dumping 3ds roms and 3ds mode has not been hacked yet. as far as everything else, yes. there is no difference in compatibility because the 3ds uses low-level emulation (downgrades itself to act 100% like a ds phat/lite/i) so if it works on the ds, it'll work on the 3ds (besides possible ap that may block it)

5. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    No 3DS games, (yet), but get into the mindset your card most likely will _NOT_ ever support 3DS games...

6. Blazer
    OP

United States
    It seems there was a misunderstanding; I meant can it play legitimate cartridge 3DS games that I buy from the store despite the fact that I'm using an SCDSTWO (which I already have, and as a result, will be using). I've read in various places about not being able to play 3DS games on flash carts or on emulators, which make sense considering everything Nintendo has done to prevent it, and considering how 3D technology will be difficult to emulate... >_>

As long as it can do this and the SCDSTWO works for everything else, then I am very excited to get a 3DS soon. [​IMG]

EDIT: Oops, forgot to thank you for the responses thus far. Just need someone to confirm it can play 3DS games and that'll remove any last doubts I have (as great as some of the 3DS games are, it's still not worth the money if I can't use my flashcart...).

7. Hydreigon

Member Hydreigon Isn't that DELICIOUS!?

Antarctica
    Currently, no flashcart is capable of playing 3DS games and I doubt they ever will..
    EDIT: wait, nvm. The DSTWO does work fine for everything else. If you get the latest updates and patches, it should work without any problems at all.

8. regnad

Member regnad Button Masher

Japan
    Extremely undescriptive title thread is undescriptive.

9. thela_kid

Member thela_kid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh i get it. Yea no, using a supercard dstwo does NOT affect, in any way, your ability to play regular 3ds carts after. i don't know how or why you thought it might, since there isn't another case of that happening with flashcarts. besides, nintendo will never be able to know 100% if you used a flashcart or not. look up "3ds bricking rumor"

10. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    AKA pirating.

Pip'

11. Shuji1987

Member Shuji1987 ~

Netherlands
    People aren't reading it right, but here goes.

You can safely use any supported flashcard for the 3DS (AK2i, DSTwo, etc) without bricking your 3DS and gain the abillity to play DS roms and homebrew. Also, this has NO impact whatsoever on playing original 3DS games or for a matter of fact anything else related to your 3DS. However, just be careful with new system updates as they may render your flashcard useless (wait for an update for your flashcard or get it confirmed here wether your version still works on the update!).

Anyway, with some research you would have found the answer to it in a few minutes. I wonder how all these people come up with these conspiracies that using a flashcard will somehow brick/explode your 3DS or cause the FBI to be alarmed and buttsex you...

Edit: To add, any flashcard will do exactly the same on the 3DS as what it is supposed to do on the DS, there is no difference.

12. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    Are you saying you want to know if your 3DS carts will work fine after you play with the Supercard?

13. misssmk

Newcomer misssmk Member

United States
    Yes he was asking if his 3DS carts will still work after using the SCDS2 in his system.

14. Ron457x2

Member Ron457x2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why do people post a question like this when topics similar to this have been already answered? [​IMG]
    *sigh* its like somebody posted a tutorial video on youtube but nobody read the description for details.

15. MasterPenguin

Member MasterPenguin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    What isn't "clear" about it? [​IMG]

16. Blazer
    OP

United States
    to all the people who say to read things before speaking of them, maybe this person should have read my post a few posts up where I clarified that I was asking if 3DS carts bought from the store would be playable, NOT 3DS ROMs on a flashcart. :\ Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't want to spend tons of time searching for and reading things.

Anyhow my question was answered so that's that, thanks to everyone who gave a legitimate response, I appreciate it a lot. I have decided to get a 3DS now to get the money