just installed homebrew channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by prowler, Jul 20, 2009.

Jul 20, 2009
  1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Ive installed BootMii, Homebrew Channel and DVDx thing.

Can i now delete the stuff that was on the SD card? so i can put homebrew apps on?

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

yes you can but a better idea would be make a folder on your computer and copy everything off the mem card into the folder for later re use if you have a problem then bootmii config is all set to go by copying it back!

first thing to do is make a NAND backup if you installed bootmii to your boot2

this is where if you only have one SD card it gets tricky make sure you have made a copy of your install files as mentioned above to your computer then proceed with the NAND backup it may prompt to wipe your mem card to back the nand up to the current SD card when using the bootmii interface to do the backup

once you have a backup copy this to the computer too off the sd card then your free to format the mem card as you ..

a) have a nand backup just in case and b) your bootmii config is also safe [​IMG]

3. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    i made a backup of the files on the SD card after i installed everything [​IMG]
    thanks [​IMG]

4. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Did you also do the NAND backup ?

5. guyhasDSi

Newcomer guyhasDSi Newbie

United States
    After you are done with backup of your NAND chip, create a folder that is called "apps" and put all of your homebrew applications in there. Make sure it is in the root of your SD card.

6. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    [​IMG]

I mean, good for you that you've done it, nice, but...:

1)Why the hell do you made a new Thread for that? The old one would be enough (which is still on the first page). That's a waste of space!!!
    2)Why the hell didn't you read up, like I suggested?

The only thing I would delete is the .dol of the HackMii Installer, and probably the nand backup (save it on my PC first). I would leave the rest on it, especially the BootMii-Folder. And this Apllication would be a nice start...

Btw: What do you mean with install? Just drag and drop the folders into :/apps/ and you're done...don't call that install..it sounds worse :I