Just installed Emunand...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ThemBats, May 30, 2015.

1. ThemBats
    OP

ThemBats Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014
    And I'm wondering how to proceed next.
    Is there anything I need to do before I start installing ROMS?(I already backed up the sysNAND)
    Should I try to find and download games in CIA format or just download the .3ds and then convert it to CIA?
    Can I download the patches and DLC using the 3ds like I would with a genuine copy of the game or should I download them in CIA format from the net?
    I'll assume that asking for any sites with roms's is probably not allowed so I wont.

2. Cavioe

Cavioe GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2015
    United States
    Assuming you using a gateway card, you are on the correct path. But make sure to keep that sysnand backup on at least 2 different sources like computer HDD and a flash drive. That is your lifeline in case you mess up somewhere.

I suggest if your plan is to install on the home menu to just grab the CIA form from the start. Makes it much easier as the process to generate xorpads can take a bit of time for large games and also if you need to do many. And you can grab the updates in CIA as well. For the site I can't link it but think 3ds and iso. Combine those 2 words and you have your resources to enjoy your emunand.

3. ThemBats
    OP

ThemBats Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014

Ok. Thank you very much for the fast help.

4. ThemBats
    OP

ThemBats Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014
    A couple of extra questions.
    Do you guys know where I can get info on game versions?
    Is there a benefit on downloading a legit CIA's in my case?

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    http://3ds.essh.co

With legit CIAs you can install them to sysNAND and play without booting the exploit.
    If you're using GW I would suggest just playing the .3ds roms off the cart though, installing CIA files takes forever.

6. ThemBats
    OP

ThemBats Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014
    I can't seem to find any game versions on that site...
    Is it safe to install Legit CIA on a sysNAND?
    I am planning on running most games from the cart but for games that take awhile I would rather have them in the SD, especially if I can avoid doing the exploit every time.(if it's safe)

7. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    You don't install roms, just play them. You have to install cias.