Just got a modded Xbox

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by Sega dude, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Sega dude
    OP

Sega dude Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    Today I got an original Xbox at a garage sale for $20. It has some sort of mod chip installed. I also got an original duke controller with it, as well as a modded type s controller. I'm not sure what mod chip is it. On the front of the console, there is a small blue box with 4 small white switches on it. To the left of the blue box, it has a small black switch and an led. On the back, there is a DB25 port of some kind. I don't know what the switches do, so I haven't touched them. The first white switch labeled 1 is on, the rest are off. I hooked it up and it started up into the stock dashboard no problem. It has alot of music and tons of saves. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to start a game. I can hear the disc spinning and the light around the eject button flashes, but it doesn't start the game. It sounds like it's having trouble achieving focus lock. Judging by the tray, it looks like a Samsung drive. The manufacture date of the console is 2003-10-6. I put in a lens cleaning disc, which has CD audio tracks on it, and it played that just fine. But it still won't start any games. Any help with identifying the mod chip and getting games running would be greatly appreciated.

2. DarkGabbz

DarkGabbz Resident XBOX Guy

Dec 29, 2015
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Modding Xbox'es
    It's a Xecuter front panel + Xecuter 3 modchip. Try Button 2 (disable 1))
    [​IMG]

Last edited by DarkGabbz, Apr 15, 2017
  3. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    nice find!!!

4. Sega dude
    OP

Sega dude Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    Actually, I think it's an Xecuter 2. With the console off, I flipped the black switch and the led on the panel turned from red to green. Where the Microsoft logo usually is, under the Xbox logo, it now says "XECUTER2". I tried turning on all 4 switches one by one, one at a time, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

5. DarkGabbz

Dec 29, 2015
    Modding Xbox'es
    Did it boot to a custom dash?
    (xecuter 2 means you have loaded the custom bios successfully)

6. Sega dude
    OP

Sega dude Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    No, it always booted into the stock dashboard.

7. DarkGabbz

Dec 29, 2015
    Modding Xbox'es
    Then put in a hexen cd and install a custom dash (go to install dashboards & there is a dl link in my hacking guide).

Last edited by DarkGabbz, Apr 15, 2017