PS1/2 just found a chipped PS2....

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was at a flea market today and found a ps2 fat that i thought had a price tag on it but it was a pice of paper with instructions on how to use the mod chip in it.
it says....
How to use(New Chip)*

Press RESET button 1 time.

when RESET button is red color,
press RESET for 2 secons.

When REset button is red in color,
Press RESET 2 times shortly.
is there anyway to determine the chip inside without opening from that info?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like some old chip that does not auto detect disc types. Messiah's were common in '03 and there were many clones of them with slight variations to disc detection. I can't remember the different chips a decade ago, maybe someone else remembers.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could be pretty much any of the older chips without autodection.

Unlikely to be the original messiah as that only worked on a single usa console, so it'd be pretty rare to find that. Not the messiah 2 either as it's boot instructions are hold reset until blue light for ps1/dvd and no need for a reset for ps2 stuff (can boot from browser).

What's the ps2 logo look like, a lot of the older chips scrambled it (odd colours, fuzzy etc), also I'm not sure them instructions are 100% correct as I've never seen a chip with one method for ps1 and one for dvd. Normally on the older chips it's one boot method for ps2 and one for ps1/dvd. Not one for ps2, one for ps1 and another for dvd.

Apart from that, your going to have to open it to see as it could be pretty much anything. Most of the old chips were single reset for ps2, double tap or hold for dvd/ps1.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...