Just confirmation :)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by VashTS, Jan 12, 2015.

1. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    I downgraded my 3DSXL Mario and Luigi Dream Team edition to 4.2 and then restored the backup that I made, worked just fine.

This is only a confirmation that it worked for me, in case anyone is afraid to do it. As always this stuff is at your own risk.

Good luck and happy playing.

EDIT: forgot to mention, this was done WITHOUT gateway.

Another Edit: Just downgraded, tooled around with CFW, restored and still all good ;) yay! Thanks gateway team for releasing this important 3DS tool.

Margen67 and Rizzorules like this.
  2. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    Is good to hear that, Did you lost your eshop games after downgrading it? Thats because i want to downgrade one of my consoles but im afraid to lose my eshop games

3. FearItSelf23

FearItSelf23 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    United States
    So if I downgrade using my dstwo I can revert back to my unhacked FW without any issues? I'd love to do the downgrade and play around a bit, but I don't want to lose all my digital purchases that I currently have on 9.2.

I'm going to get a gateway most likely in the next few days, but if I can revert back to my legit fw after downgrading and playing with the cfw I'll probably do that tonight then just revert back.

4. Thomas12345

Thomas12345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    I'd like to know this too, especially with regards to Pokemon X/Y saves. Some people say their saves are fine, but other people seem to have problems, and it's all very confusing

5. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States

Downgrading will not affect you, however if you were to format emunand you will lose all of your Eshop games on your sysnand and emunand and you will have to update emunand and redownload them on that. And games that would require a higher firmware may not work that were downloaded.

Rizzorules likes this.
  6. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY

My eshop games stayed after downgrade, however Mario Golf would not launch, kept saying the SD card had been ejected.

Margen67 likes this.