Just Cause "perfect" for next Xbox, PS4

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by AlanJohn, Apr 3, 2012.

Apr 3, 2012
  1. AlanJohn
    OP

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    [​IMG]

Swedish developer Avalanche Studios has told Eurogamer Just Cause is "perfect" for the next Xbox and PlayStation 4.
    The third game in the open world action series is rumoured to be one of Avalanche's in development games set for release in 2013 or 2014. If Just Cause 3 is a next-gen game, based on when we expect the next Xbox and PS4 to launch (in time for Christmas 2013), it could be a launch title.
    "There is a very strong emotional attachment to the franchise as it was created by me and my design team here so we would obviously like to see a very bright future for Just Cause," Avalanche boss Christofer Sundberg told Eurogamer this afternoon.
    "In this day and age when everyone is struggling to make money, my opinion is that the JC IP is perfect for everything that next-gen has to offer."
    Avalanche has multiple projects on the go across its various studios. It's just announced a major recruitment drive aimed at expanding its studio operations in Stockholm and New York for work on current and next-gen console games. At least one of these titles will be announced before E3 in June.
    Sundberg added: "As we've said before they are two pretty damn cool and big licenses which we have chosen to work on just because they allow us to create two new open-world/sandbox experiences in worlds where we've seen a lack of features that Avalanche Studios has to offer."
    That Avalanche would embark on a third Just Cause game should come as no surprise. The second instalment was widely acclaimed, and recieved 8/10 in Eurogamer's Just Cause 2 review.
    But Avalanche isn't a one-trick pony, and has since released tip-top twin-stick shooter Renegade Ops.

:arrow: Source

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    JC2 just bored me to death. I really regret wasting £15 on it. So I'll be giving JC3 a miss.

3. saberjoy

Member saberjoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    Dont these people know they'll die before 2013/2014? sheesh.

The only just cause i played was the one on the ps2.And only two words came to my mind back then..... GTA rip-off

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Just Cause 2 at least is nothing like GTA outside of both being open world.

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I think you played something else.

Needless sequel to me.

6. saberjoy

India
    Try the ps2 one is all i can say if not then i guess its your opinion.

7. Guild McCommunist

United States
    I never played the original but the second one is massively different. Any game that allows me to grapple onto space rockets and blow them up is a game for me.

Yeah I did enjoy the crap out of JC2.

2 people like this.
  8. saberjoy

India
    I played nothing but the original.
    And when the original came out there weren't many games which had open world/free roam and that "bad" attitude. So i failed to ignore the obvious similarities between the two .

9. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Well play the second one when you have the chance. It's really fun. Ignore emigre, he's obviously a giant troll.

Grappling onto space rockets, blowing them up, then skydiving your way into an oil refinery and blowing it up with C4 is always quite satisfying. My complaint would be that the combat felt kinda shitty to me and the story missions are either really exciting or excruciatingly boring.

Still a really fun sandbox game that feels like a sandbox and not just an open world, kinda like Crackdown, Prototype, those types of games.

2 people like this.
  10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Well I played the original and it wasn't anything like GTA. It was sandboxy yeah and aside from that that was it.

11. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Funfact: JC2 was the first PS3 game I bought. In fact I bought it a couple of days before I even had a PS3. It was also the first game in which I earned a platinum trophy. I was kind of hoping the next JC would be on the current generation but hey ho.

PS. If JC1 was a GTA rip-off then Gran Turismo was a Pole Position rip-off.

12. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    QFT. I still play JC 2 regularly on the PC when I feel like fucking things up, it's a superb game. I've played it for about 80 hours now, completed the story but worldwide I only have 58% done or so. The game is absolutely MASSIVE.
    It also has a very good support for mods, incredibly easy to install. Also, the loading times are amazing for such a massive game, graphics are really good too. Combat isn't that good, but hell, when you can fly a jetplane at insane speeds, and are able to shoot with rockets, who cares?

Definitely worth a pick up when it's only 10-20 euros.

13. wiiztec

Member wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Played JC2 to death and got 99.74% completion in 437 hours so far, I got the PS3 version which allows you to video capture and upload directly to youtube http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D83EE81DC8B5467, I hope they just forgot to mention Wii U and arn't piling on the discrimination already

14. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I've heard excellent things about the second game, so that with next generation physics and graphics? Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

15. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    nowhere in quotes does he say for PS4 or nextbox.
    just next gen.
    could also mean 3ds, vita, or wiiU.

16. Guild McCommunist

United States
    It's funny that you think the 3DS could get a Just Cause game.

Hell I doubt the Vita could get one just because of the limited storage size. I mean the second one fit an enormous country plus quests and all this other stuff into one disc. I doubt they could do it within, say, 4GB.

The 3DS just couldn't do it graphically either.

17. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    JC2 was entertaining for a while but it had such friggin' terrible voice acting. It drove me nuts but I was too lazy to read subtitles.

So that's pretty much all i'm hoping for with JC3.

18. Guild McCommunist

United States
    That revolutionary chick was by far the most annoying sounding bitch I've heard. If I hear her say "SCORPIO!" one more time I'm gonna go postal.

19. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    Uh..What's Just Cause? ..And how is it "Perfect" for the new XBOX/PS4? Sorry, I didn't get the article much. All I got what that somehow the yet-to-be-released consoles and something about struggling to make money.

EDIT: Oh, and 2000th post.

20. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Yeah whenever I think of JC2 that's exactly who comes to mind.
    When I first saw a trailer for JC2 and she was in it I was like "Wait, are they trolling or is that seriously the voice acting?"
    Ugh.