Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
48502_orig.jpg

Swedish developer Avalanche Studios has told Eurogamer Just Cause is "perfect" for the next Xbox and PlayStation 4.
The third game in the open world action series is rumoured to be one of Avalanche's in development games set for release in 2013 or 2014. If Just Cause 3 is a next-gen game, based on when we expect the next Xbox and PS4 to launch (in time for Christmas 2013), it could be a launch title.
"There is a very strong emotional attachment to the franchise as it was created by me and my design team here so we would obviously like to see a very bright future for Just Cause," Avalanche boss Christofer Sundberg told Eurogamer this afternoon.
"In this day and age when everyone is struggling to make money, my opinion is that the JC IP is perfect for everything that next-gen has to offer."
Avalanche has multiple projects on the go across its various studios. It's just announced a major recruitment drive aimed at expanding its studio operations in Stockholm and New York for work on current and next-gen console games. At least one of these titles will be announced before E3 in June.
Sundberg added: "As we've said before they are two pretty damn cool and big licenses which we have chosen to work on just because they allow us to create two new open-world/sandbox experiences in worlds where we've seen a lack of features that Avalanche Studios has to offer."
That Avalanche would embark on a third Just Cause game should come as no surprise. The second instalment was widely acclaimed, and recieved 8/10 in Eurogamer's Just Cause 2 review.
But Avalanche isn't a one-trick pony, and has since released tip-top twin-stick shooter Renegade Ops.

:arrow: Source

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Try the ps2 one is all i can say if not then i guess its your opinion.

I never played the original but the second one is massively different. Any game that allows me to grapple onto space rockets and blow them up is a game for me.

Yeah I did enjoy the crap out of JC2.
I played nothing but the original.
And when the original came out there weren't many games which had open world/free roam and that "bad" attitude. So i failed to ignore the obvious similarities between the two .

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And when the original came out there weren't many games which had open world/free roam and that "bad" attitude. So i failed to ignore the obvious similarities between the two .

Well play the second one when you have the chance. It's really fun. Ignore emigre, he's obviously a giant troll.

Grappling onto space rockets, blowing them up, then skydiving your way into an oil refinery and blowing it up with C4 is always quite satisfying. My complaint would be that the combat felt kinda shitty to me and the story missions are either really exciting or excruciatingly boring.

Still a really fun sandbox game that feels like a sandbox and not just an open world, kinda like Crackdown, Prototype, those types of games.

Reactions: 2 people

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the ps2 one is all i can say if not then i guess its your opinion.

I never played the original but the second one is massively different. Any game that allows me to grapple onto space rockets and blow them up is a game for me.

Yeah I did enjoy the crap out of JC2.
Well I played the original and it wasn't anything like GTA. It was sandboxy yeah and aside from that that was it.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Funfact: JC2 was the first PS3 game I bought. In fact I bought it a couple of days before I even had a PS3. It was also the first game in which I earned a platinum trophy. I was kind of hoping the next JC would be on the current generation but hey ho.

PS. If JC1 was a GTA rip-off then Gran Turismo was a Pole Position rip-off.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Well play the second one when you have the chance. It's really fun. Ignore emigre, he's obviously a giant troll.

Grappling onto space rockets, blowing them up, then skydiving your way into an oil refinery and blowing it up with C4 is always quite satisfying. My complaint would be that the combat felt kinda shitty to me and the story missions are either really exciting or excruciatingly boring.

Still a really fun sandbox game that feels like a sandbox and not just an open world, kinda like Crackdown, Prototype, those types of games.
QFT. I still play JC 2 regularly on the PC when I feel like fucking things up, it's a superb game. I've played it for about 80 hours now, completed the story but worldwide I only have 58% done or so. The game is absolutely MASSIVE.
It also has a very good support for mods, incredibly easy to install. Also, the loading times are amazing for such a massive game, graphics are really good too. Combat isn't that good, but hell, when you can fly a jetplane at insane speeds, and are able to shoot with rockets, who cares?

Definitely worth a pick up when it's only 10-20 euros.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard excellent things about the second game, so that with next generation physics and graphics? Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nowhere in quotes does he say for PS4 or nextbox.
just next gen.
could also mean 3ds, vita, or wiiU.

It's funny that you think the 3DS could get a Just Cause game.

Hell I doubt the Vita could get one just because of the limited storage size. I mean the second one fit an enormous country plus quests and all this other stuff into one disc. I doubt they could do it within, say, 4GB.

The 3DS just couldn't do it graphically either.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JC2 was entertaining for a while but it had such friggin' terrible voice acting. It drove me nuts but I was too lazy to read subtitles.

So that's pretty much all i'm hoping for with JC3.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JC2 was entertaining for a while but it had such friggin' terrible voice acting. It drove me nuts but I was too lazy to read subtitles.

That revolutionary chick was by far the most annoying sounding bitch I've heard. If I hear her say "SCORPIO!" one more time I'm gonna go postal.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Uh..What's Just Cause? ..And how is it "Perfect" for the new XBOX/PS4? Sorry, I didn't get the article much. All I got what that somehow the yet-to-be-released consoles and something about struggling to make money.

EDIT: Oh, and 2000th post.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That revolutionary chick was by far the most annoying sounding bitch I've heard. If I hear her say "SCORPIO!" one more time I'm gonna go postal.

Yeah whenever I think of JC2 that's exactly who comes to mind.
When I first saw a trailer for JC2 and she was in it I was like "Wait, are they trolling or is that seriously the voice acting?"
Ugh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse