Hacking Just Bought a Vita.

Waterboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just got a white OLED fat vita on 2.01 firmware, wondering if I should mod it to play PSP games (Used to have a PSP 3000 & GO W/CFW).

My main question is what can I do with the vita, I am unfamiliar with whats possible with certain firmwares etc.

What are the advantages and disadvantages like not being able to use remote play etc.

Cheers!

Attachments

• $_57 (5).JPG
    $_57 (5).JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 289
D

Deleted-355425

If you update it to 3.18 firmware you can:

- run PSP eCFW 6.60
- Play PSP ISO's
- Play PS1 ISO's
- Play all the 16bit and under emulators, nes, snes etc
- Have access to the webkit exploit (in development) before it got patched in the firmware after 3.18
- Install Custom vita bubbles on the dash to give direct execution to psp iso's and other plugins
- Use FTP from your pc to drag and drop roms/ISO's

you will lose:

- Access to the vita psn store to buy games
- There is no emunand style software so you are on 3.18

Ive probably missed something but hey you get the idea.

Waterboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update it to 3.18 firmware you can:

- run PSP eCFW 6.60
- Play PSP ISO's
- Play PS1 ISO's
- Play all the 16bit and under emulators, nes, snes etc
- Have access to the webkit exploit (in development) before it got patched in the firmware after 3.18
- Install Custom vita bubbles on the dash to give direct execution to psp iso's and other plugins
- Use FTP from your pc to drag and drop roms/ISO's

you will lose:

- Access to the vita psn store to buy games
- There is no emunand style software so you are on 3.18

Ive probably missed something but hey you get the idea.

Is there a safe place to get ISO's for my vita?

D

Deleted-355425

Theres no way to update to 3.18 unless I was on 3.18 right? So I can either stay on 2.01 or update to the latest right?

No, you can update to ANY firmware you wish aslong as you are going higher, you cannot go lower (downgrade) see my thread i made on how to upgrade to 3.18 and hack it to get psp eCFW :)

Waterboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you can update to ANY firmware you wish aslong as you are going higher, you cannot go lower (downgrade) see my thread i made on how to upgrade to 3.18 and hack it to get psp eCFW :)

Thanks for the replies, IDK if I want to update cause my main intention is to use it for remote play, but atm my wifi sucks (Staying with my grandma) probably wont be moving in with my parents till mid this year so I might mod it to play psp games since I cant really use it for remote play while on the go, plus I dont want to waste the modding factor since its technically still alive and could be modded. Theres no way to spoof the firmware like ps3 or is that what everyones waiting for (Staying on 3.18 for?)

D

Deleted-355425

no there is no spoofing firmware yet, i wouldn't bother with remote play, its missed 2 trigger buttons ;p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: