Hacking Just a quickie on G6 flashcarts

doubledragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a regular mario kart DS right now and I plan to get a DS lite very soon. My question is in order to run the G6 Flashcart ON the regular DS, I have to take it out of the smaller cart and put it into the GBA casing in order to fit flush. To run it on a DS LITE, i can just leave the G6 cart in it's smaller case and put it in normally right? I'm asking this because if what I said is true, I'll just go out and buy the DS LITE, rather than going through the trouble of getting it to run on a regular DS by taking it apart etc. Thanks.

zidanej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it fits flush on DSLite out of box and you'll have to take out the contents and put them into the gba cover for a regular ds.

It's not that hard to unscrew and rescrew though.

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup that's right. The G6 Lite comes in the DSL sized cart (which won't fit a regular DS). You just remove the screw on the G6 Lite's DSL case and put the PCB into the larger GBA cartridge case that also comes with the G6 lite... Then it will fit in a regular DS like a regular GBA cart would fit in it's GBA slot.

doubledragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for replying. Now I just have to go out and get my DS lite and just plug and pray er play it now. LOL still learning the whole ins and outs of the software. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies