Hacking Jumbled error message from Backup Launcher

Konstar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently followed a guide from instructables and I got everything to work. I'm not sure how accurate the guide was, but I didn't get any errors. That was before I found out this site. The first game I got was Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. After I burned it and try running it, I get this message below the language. The only word I can make out from it is DVD. It looks like two messages combined. I've read through this board and I think it could be a DVD read error, but I'm not fully sure. I just want to know if it was a problem during the installation or a problem with the DVD? If it is the DVD, what exactly is the rule of thumb for burning? I've been seeing a lot of debate on that.

My Wii's running 3.1U and Backup Launcher 0.3b. Oh and the author of that guide updated it so those aren't exactly the steps I followed.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Konstar said:
I just recently followed a guide from instructables and I got everything to work. I'm not sure how accurate the guide was, but I didn't get any errors. That was before I found out this site. The first game I got was Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. After I burned it and try running it, I get this message below the language. The only word I can make out from it is DVD. It looks like two messages combined. I've read through this board and I think it could be a DVD read error, but I'm not fully sure. I just want to know if it was a problem during the installation or a problem with the DVD? If it is the DVD, what exactly is the rule of thumb for burning? I've been seeing a lot of debate on that.

My Wii's running 3.1U and Backup Launcher 0.3b. Oh and the author of that guide updated it so those aren't exactly the steps I followed.

I was getting this error with games that didn't work with 0.3beta. 0.3gamma sorted those games out.

Check out the compatibility list here:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3#A

Personally, if I were you, i'd go to Gamma and follow the full guide posted here:

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiHowToGamma.html

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had similar errors aswell on BL 0.3b.
Both errors are hardly readable.
I've seen an error wich started with 'set'. This error refers to the cIOS not being properly installed.
The other erro I've experienced started with 'dvd'. This error, for me, didn't occur anymore when I burned my games onto Verbatim DVD-R (instead of Arita DVD+R).

Hope that clarifies the situation a little bit.

w_n_s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FRanatic said:
I've had similar errors aswell on BL 0.3b.
Both errors are hardly readable.
I've seen an error wich started with 'set'. This error refers to the cIOS not being properly installed.
The other erro I've experienced started with 'dvd'. This error, for me, didn't occur anymore when I burned my games onto Verbatim DVD-R (instead of Arita DVD+R).

Hope that clarifies the situation a little bit.

Just to add to that sorry - I made a mistake - I got a disc read error with the non-working games in 0.3 beta.

The error you speak of (doubled up lines), I got when I used DVD+R's .

I switched to some DVD-R's and was able to boot up my backups on 0.3 Beta just fine using the same ISO's that were giving me the jumbled message on the DVD+R's.

Konstar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for those helpful replies! A few questions though. When I reinstall the cIOS, do I need to remove the old one first? If I do, will removing the cIOS cause any conflicts with already installed apps? And what is the ideal burn speed for a game? I've seen many different views on this. Its either 3x or max speed, which one is it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: