Hacking JPN Wii users guide...?

rsyss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i have a wi-fi internet connection

is there a way to unbrick my jp semibricked wii through it?

via wiiconnect24 or other way?

thx - mario galaxy iso was already released

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super_Mario_Galaxy_JAP_WII-TMD is supposed to be out. However I have not seen it released on the internet anywhere....lets wait and see if this will fix our semi bricked wiis.

Cocytean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just downloaded the Wiikey update, which installed fine, burnt Mario Galaxy from an iso, updated my computer (which gave me duplicate news and weather channels), and then the sodding thing didn't work! Black screen after booting!

Can anyone confirm this, or is it just me with an unlucky Wii?

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm this does not bode well. It could be possible that the NTSC-U version does not work on the JAP console.

I will try it out as soon as the JAP version becomes available! I have to unbrick my Wii first before trying out the NTSC-U version.

wii909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can also confirm the US release isn't working even after doing the Metroid trick, just get a black screen.

JPN release is working fine though.

rsyss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi

if i unbrick my jpn wii with jpn mario galaxy, can i play the us mario galaxy without rebricking it?

i dont care about dual channels, i dont want to lose the settings menu again though

thanx

auyongtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can also confirm the US release isn't working even after doing the Metroid trick, just get a black screen.

JPN release is working fine though.

I tried the SMG US (w/ WiiBrickBlocker 1.3) - the game channel loads up the SMG logo just fine. But upon launching game, it's just black screen. I'm on a NTSC-J with 2.2J (I think, the one before they added the clock to main window) that's semi-bricked. Using Wiikey 1.9g.

Guess I'll try to get my hands on SMG JPN and then try to update and fix my semi-bricked mode first and try this again. Stay tuned

thekid

Trophies
XP
Country
problem is that the jap version is all in jap tex which i dont understand ...lets hope pal release works on jap if not never gonna play it are we
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

devil_goalie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm still in the process of getting it, but my guess is that it won't be that hard to play it in japanese. Only the controls explanations and the basic storyline will be in japanese, but you can find these info easily on the web.

After all, it's a mario game and the essential of the game won't be to read text...

Cocytean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I can confirm that it gives dupe channels, AND that it doesn't work. Don't bother putting it in your console, get a copy of the JPN version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer