Hacking JPN Wii users guide...?

BumblesCrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had alot of worrys & alot of trouble finding info on chipped Jap Wii's & Metroid Prime 3 till i found this thread so i just thought i may aswell post my experience if it might help others or help squash there's fears of bricking there Wii
smile.gif

I have a NTSC Jap Wii with Ver 3.0J Firmware & Wiikey installed & i followed the intructions earlier in this thread --->

QUOTE said:
1. Download the game
2. Extract the downloaded files with WinRar into an ISO
3. Make TWO NEW FOLDERS.
4. Copy the original ISO and paste one ISO into EACH of the new folders you have created.
5. Run ONE of the copyed ISOs (leave the original alone...!) with Brick Blocker.
6. Run the OTHER copyed ISO in Region Frii (convert FROM USA to JAP)
7. Now burn TWO discs. ONE with the ISO that was "BrickBlocked" and the second disc with the one that was "Region Friid"
8. Now you have two copies of Metroid Prime 3, right?
9. Try to insert the BRICK BLOCKED game. Black screen. No problem.

tevion

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a semi bricked ntsc-j wii with mario strikers from vortex so my firmware is now 2.1e.
Can someone tell me which games has a 2.2j update. thanks

tevion

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried already DK and it doesn't have any firmware on it
So if someone can tell me names of other games.
I tried Bio hazard 4, Pokemon, dragon Quest, Jpn Brain age, Necronesia,Mario party 8 and they don't have firmware 2.2j

aznpotpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, some slightly new info regarding Metroid, and some good news for people still on 2.2JÂ
biggrin.gif

I followed the above method for pulling out roughly 10% into the update (I just counted to 12 in my head). However, what I did differently was NOT to patch with Region Frii as I have a Wiikey with region override on so figured there would be no need. I was correct
smile.gif

Secondly I took a bit of a risk as I'm only on 2.2J and am unable to connect to the net to get the 3.0J update. However, I'd heard a few people saying that the game doesn't actually contain the 3.0 update, just an update with files in to allow Metroid to run so I decided to go for it.

The result: After using WiiBrickBlocker to patch the second disc as described above I have no duplicate channels, am still on 2.2J, and can play Metroid perfectly
happy.gif
Does the system settings work or do you get that Opera error?

h4zardi

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi !!

I have ordered a ntsc-j wii, and i would like to know, if i will be able to play online mode on pal game. For example, on mario striker pal, is online mode available from a ntsc-j wii ?

How about lag issues ?

Thx !

kwaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so just to summarise, it seems I will be fine playing Metroid on my 2.2J console (installed with wiikey with region free on). Asuming i DON'T use the methods detailed above, and can live with double channels, it seems I don't need to do ANYTHING to the downloaded ISO - it will run straight off on my wii - correct?

Double channels don't both me, unless, as someone mentioned before, they are used as some kind of 'flag' in future games to detect modded wii's ?

Am I best to upload to 3.0J online before attempting to run the game for the first time?

sleeping247

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi !!

I have ordered a ntsc-j wii, and i would like to know, if i will be able to play online mode on pal game. For example, on mario striker pal, is online mode available from a ntsc-j wii ?

How about lag issues ?

Thx !

There are no problems. I have a NTSC-J Wii, and I live in Australia. I can play Mario Strikers Charged PAL fine.
Lag will depend on the connection established between you and your opponent. An opponent located closer (ie. within the same country as you) would experience little or even no lag, whereas someone on the opposite side of the world there would be lag.

so just to summarise, it seems I will be fine playing Metroid on my 2.2J console (installed with wiikey with region free on). Asuming i DON'T use the methods detailed above, and can live with double channels, it seems I don't need to do ANYTHING to the downloaded ISO - it will run straight off on my wii - correct?

Double channels don't both me, unless, as someone mentioned before, they are used as some kind of 'flag' in future games to detect modded wii's ?

Am I best to upload to 3.0J online before attempting to run the game for the first time?

Yes it will run fine, but the double channels is known as a "semi brick" as they are unremovable.
I wouldnt see why it would be an advantage to update to 3.0J before running the game. It makes no difference as the version still stays the same.

darkgunsou86

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, i was on 2.2j wiikey until inserted the metroid 3 disc. i pressed the only option that is OK in the page that appeared. i let it run and now my jap wii's setting page is gone. i got the duplicate channels. however, all my games run fine. since there is no clock, i assume that it did not update my wii to 3.0u. just the metroid patch. i summarise that i have a semi-bricked jap console. now, i have to wait until a new jap game that contains the 3.0j update, right?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay just read through the entire topic
sleep.gif
. Really people make a new start post
tongue.gif
. Anyway I've got two JP Wii's here one without problems at 2.0j (yay) and one with semi-brick (dunno FW number but prolly also 2.0J) (settings opera error page). So since no one really answered the question (just gave advice which was or was not followed or at least never tested and reported back here) I'm just gonna ask it again;

What game (if any) might fix the semi-bricked JP Wii if it has FW 2.0J on it (I know 2.2J will have to wait so damn if it has that version
tongue.gif
)?

hawk36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i belive pokemon battle jp has the 2.2 firmware but not sure my wii was semibricked by the us version and my wii had the 2.2jp firmware so i think the jp version also have and update on it

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
By going to the Wii menu (bottom left icon in the main menu) and then go to settings (the option with the tool on it). Now it should (if you haven't bricked your Wii
sleep.gif
) show you the FW version in the top right of the screen.

Btw, thnx hawk. Can't find the game in any *cough* import stores here so I guess I'll have to wait with the rest of you
tongue.gif

Cocytean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey one and all,

Further to the recently leaked Wiikey update, thought I'd make a post here. It works! Unfortunately, because the 1.3 config disc hasn't been leaked yet, Gamecube discs from regions outside of the NTSC-J region don't boot directly. However, if you use the GCOS loader, there are no problems whatsoever, and the audiofix works perfecly! Been playing Eternal Darkness and Starfox Adventures with no problems whatsoever.

Only problem now? I've got too many bloody games to choose which one to play next....

Happy gaming...

StormB

Trophies
XP
Country
How likely is it that when nintendo release a 3.1 update for PAL consoles that we will just be able to play regionfrii patched metroid prime 3 without doing any of this turn off during update stuff? Isn't that how mario strikers ended up working?

Will

pkrulzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just updated to new wiikey firmware on semibricked 2.2J wii. gamecube games don't work anymore even those with GCOS, i always get DRE. does anyone else have this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: no I dont torrent