Joycons keep randomly disconnecting when detached

MaxiTheFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Without a CFW we’re running out of suspects to blame. Since everything is stock there‘s no harm contacting Ninty directly to see if they posses any secrets. Watch it be something silly like “turn airplane mode off and back on.”

Anyone else have any ideas?
tbf its likely my joycons are just f--ked ive droped them so many times i wouldnt be surprised if theres a bigger issue to blame

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tbf its likely my joycons are just f--ked ive droped them so many times i wouldnt be surprised if theres a bigger issue to blame
But if 3 are doing that it might be the switch.
I too have dropped mine and I don't get sync issues
I do however have to replace a zr ribbon this time after dropped my switch with a joycon bursting out of the rail.
IMG20220203231031.jpgIMG20220203231103.jpgIMG20220206160724.jpgIMG20220206213009.jpg

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes the rails f--ked i knew that but that doesnt explain the issues when theyre detached
If that's the case it might be a short or something in the rail, there are connection tabs at the bottom of it.

It's difficult to diagnose an issue and this is just guess work

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if 3 are doing that it might be the switch.
I too have dropped mine and I don't get sync issues
I do however have to replace a zr ribbon this time after dropped my switch with a joycon bursting out of the rail.
View attachment 297086View attachment 297087View attachment 297088View attachment 297089

If all of gbatemp threw their joycons in a bucket and we had to guess their owners these tricked out ones would definitely belong to you as an artist. A little surprised you’ve obviously been using them to open beer bottles though.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case it might be a short or something in the rail, there are connection tabs at the bottom of it.

It's difficult to diagnose an issue and this is just guess work

maybe dirt in the rails? Yeah…it’s tough to guess remotely.

MaxiTheFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i was gona get another switch bc mines got a broken screen and patched so if thats the issue it should fix it?
Could be the chip on the switch, it could be the rail on the switch if there is an issue.
I wouldn't know how you test that.

MaxiTheFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe dirt in the rails? Yeah…it’s tough to guess remotely.
i dont think its the rails tho bc since i broke the screen (yes ik im a clumsy f--k lol) ive been only using them in wireless while using a charging stand to charge them

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If all of gbatemp threw their joycons in a bucket and we had to guess their owners these tricked out ones would definitely belong to you as an artist. A little surprised you’ve obviously been using them to open beer bottles though.
Cheap shells don't bounce ;) also cheap plastic for sure.
I'm probably going to Frankenstein my joycons with the original inner part but aside from that I'm usually pretty careful but competent enough to fix problems. I'm just glad my reedswitch glass didn't break.

i dont think its the rails tho bc since i broke the screen (yes ik im a clumsy f--k lol) ive been only using them in wireless while using a charging stand to charge them

Could even be something simple like the antenna is loose inside the joycon.
But I find it difficult to believe if 3 joycons are like that and think it may be on the unit itself just by what you've explained

Last edited by SodaSoba,
Reactions: binkinator

MaxiTheFox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could even be something simple like the antenna is loose inside the joycon.
But I find it difficult to believe if 3 joycons are like that and think it may be on the unit itself just by what you've explained
i was gona get an unpatched switch to replace my broken (screen) redbox one so hopefully that fixes the issue

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ive had this set of joycons for a about a year or 2 and recently ive started having issues wher they randomly disconnect when im playing with them detached.I have to reconnect them every time and its getting on my nerves im pretty sure Its not the batterys bc it happens even with half or 3/4 battery level.Can i fix this or do i need to replace them?
The JoyCons are known for having connectivity issues. Try moving closer to the Switch and seeing if it still happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk