AliceOnDrugs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey guys,

My right joyco rail has a pin either bended or broke and now the system don't recognize it as attached while in handheld mode. This is an issue because the left one is working fine and since one is attached and the other one isn't, I basically can't play in handheld mode.

Is there a way to "disable" de default handheld mode so both of them are recognized as wireless or should I find someplace to repair it?

I'm from south america so no official nintendo services in my country, which sucks.

Thanks!

CrAzYLiFe

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have u tried re-syncing the right joycon?

I thought the same, after using my jig. Right joycon wouldnt connect when attatched to switch/switch wouldnt recognise it.

Re-synced and it worked flawlessly

AliceOnDrugs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Have u tried re-syncing the right joycon?

I thought the same, after using my jig. Right joycon wouldnt connect when attatched to switch/switch wouldnt recognise it.

Re-synced and it worked flawlessly

Ill give it a try!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or put a small piece of tape over the left joycon data lines. You probably want to keep the charging ability so don't cover them all!
Thanks, will give it a try!

AliceOnDrugs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Re sync didn't work, but I've applied a little piece of tape and after some trial and error, all is working as expected now, joycons still charge and I can play handheld. Thanks everyone!

doritodust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where did you put the tape

Since OP didn't care to elaborate, let me disclose the cure-all for this rampant issue.

If you're getting the same issues OP described, where the offending joycon charges but doesn't detect as handheld, you want to put tape on the healthy joycon's pins partially.

Since locking the healthy joycon on the console for whatever reason doesn't allow any input to occur in any game until both are fully off handheld mode, you want to make the emulate the issue healthy joycon. This is so you can have both joycons connected to the console while charging without having to fuss about which one is currently in hand held.

I'm attaching a photo to show exactly how I taped mine. It looks like I'm keeping the 5 right pins exposed and the remaining left covered with tape.

20200407_031121(2).png

(NOTE: This is a RIGHT joycon. if it's a left, I'm not quite sure how it'd reflect on the left. I imagined it mirrored?)

This makes it where I can now connect both my joycons and have them charge without technically going in 'handheld mode'. Really, the experience is no different than a completely healthy switch, except you just don't get to hear the 'click' indications unfortunately, lol.

This was a godsend discovery as this plagued my switch the past 1 or 2 years. My previous solution was just blocking all the pins with tape on the healthy joycon, but the problem was it wouldn't charge and it would just die eventually. Then I'd just be forced to stop playing until it recharged. With covering only some of the pins on the heathy joycon, it doesn't go in handheld mode while both can still charge! Happy gaming everyone and good luck!

Last edited by doritodust,
Reactions: Exavold

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad