Hacking Joy Con Mods

MarssRoxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys so I’ve successfully (kind of) switched out the guts of my out of warranty grey joy cons into shiny new Transprent Jungle Green shells. Thing is now I can’t get my left joy con to sync at all.
I tried disconnecting all controllers via software and now it won’t sync back up. I’ve tried docked, undocked, reset all controller setups and nothing. Tried hooking up to my phone via Bluetooth and it does not show up.
Did I mess up the Bluetooth module? How can I fix it? Help plz

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,180
Reactions: NekoMichi

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Is the green light strobing up and down when you detach it? I had this problem, it would only work in handheld mode and wasn't charging. Turned out the battery connector wasn't seated correctly, after lifting that back up and notching it back into place charging and wireless worked again. I did the ice blue ones!

sq04l4.jpg

Last edited by BelmontSlayer,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, Super Man loses all his powers as soon as he looks to that green Switch, I love the back of it and seeing the fan moving, but the rest I would prefer pure black, but still nice.

D

Deleted User

amazon/ebay
just search switch shell or something like that and you will find it

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Did someone say purple color? Got off amazon, manufacturer of the case is BASSTOP. I went with the buttons -> D-Pad case.

It's a huge improvement in the same tier of 3DS Nub -> PSP Joystick Cap. I'm just hoping no games come along that require left and right simultaneously.

IMG_20180430_040435.jpg

MarssRoxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies guys!
@BelmontSlayer it worked in handheld mode but it does not recognize that it’s docked. So then I deleted all connected controllers and now won’t sync back up at all. I will open it back up and recheck all connections.

TapNorX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Umm do you have by any chance your flight mode on ? ;)

oh and here are my new shells

IMG_5420.JPG

unfortunately the right shell dont fit perfectly. i have a little (1mm) gap between the rail and the upper shell. I already took them apart again but didnt find an issue.

IMG_5422.JPG

Last edited by TapNorX,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

lilpataya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

unfortunately the right shell dont fit perfectly. i have a little (1mm) gap between the rail and the upper shell. I already took them apart again but didnt find an issue.

I have the same gap problem with my atomic purple one, I'm glad that I'm not the only one

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I saw on AliExpress that they had "updated" the shells to fix the gap. There were a lot of comments about it on Amazon too. Not sure if the ones on Amazon are updated shells but they're up on AliExpress.

Here's the link:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32826689501.html?spm=a2g0n.store-home-cache.0.0.78787910kDtw9v

And a screenshot for the lazy. :P

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180507-190928.png
    Screenshot_20180507-190928.png
    381.8 KB · Views: 287
Last edited by BL4Z3D247,
Reactions: TapNorX

TapNorX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I saw on AliExpress that they had "updated" the shells to fix the gap. There were a lot of comments about it on Amazon too. Not sure if the ones on Amazon are updated shells but they're up on AliExpress.

Well, I bought mine from Amazon so apparently still the old ones there. Thanks for the Info, I consider to send them back then.

Edit: here is a little workaround for this issue
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ight_trimming_needed_for_myriann_replacement/

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by TapNorX,

MarssRoxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work when directly connected to the switch in handheld?
So I’ve re-opened and re-wired everything. Now it
A) no longer detects EITHER of the joycons on handheld mode
B) was able to connect left joycon via pressing sync button (still not detecting handheld mode)
C) left joycon shows charging but right one does not.

This is a work in progress folks. Ive ordered a for-parts joycon off eBay and a rail ribbon for my right joycon. If you want my advice, DO NOT DISSASSEMBLE THE RAIL FROM THE MAIN UNIT. It seems my issues stem from the ribbons that attach from the rail to the main unit which do not need to be deattached at any point for these mods.

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I modded for now my right joy con only, because the left was the wrong one (i wanted it with buttons but it was delivered the one wit d-pad).
And now my right joy con doesnt work in handheld mode (connected to the switch). If i let the joycon inside of the switch and used the pro controler in tv mode it rondomly vibrates coz of connection response.
I had put it back into the origi shell with no effect - but i think i hit the ribboncable of the slider. on ebay I ordered a new slider with ribbon cable for 8 euros. Hope it will fix that issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...