Hacking Japanese Characters Fix

Endracion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, I've modified some of the system files because I was really tired of seeing )^%_&#_ when Japanese games were displayed.

This pack fixes the problem and keeps the system itself in English!
Obviously for those who don't want to switch to a fully Japanese menu.

I've posted my nifty changes on filetrip for those who'd like to take advantage of this too: http://filetrip.net/f23101-Supercard-DSTwo...-Files-1-0.html
Please read the description!

Enjoy
yaynds.gif

P.S. Please tell me if you find any errors, though I really don't think there would be any.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The Special menu when you press the hotkeys isn t translated only the loading is and the E letter isn't translated :/

Endracion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um, I really don't know what you mean about the special menu.
I went through all the menus I could, from the system menu to the hotkey-tiggered in-game menu and everything displays in English.

The only thing I have noticed is that since Japanese is using unicode, games where there are accents like Pokémon will not display the é character but instead a Kanji. I assume it's because US games don't use Unicode (which makes sense because they don't need to) because if not the character would display properly.

Can you take a picture of what you mean? Maybe I forgot to add some files to the package.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, this screws up your EOS.
it causes the real time menu to be displayed in japanese, and it ruins variants of letters such as "é" in Pokémon. it displays them as japanese kanji characters instead.

Endracion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting, maybe I modified other files on mine and I forgot to upload them.

I'll look into it and probably upload a full package instead, thanks for letting me know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD