Hardware Japanese Character

Gin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't find it anywhere and I'm almost giving up, but have anyone found where can I write with japanese characters/keyboard in the browser?

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I know there is Japanese support on the system (it can browse fine through JP sites), though the only way I seem to be able to get the characters is through selecting them but I end up being able nothing to do with it due to a lack of a way to input Japanese characters.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferofax said:
no Japanese language/fonts/input in non-Japanese 3DS units. it was removed entirely, save for browsing, which displays them just fine.

The fact that it's part of the browser and the browser isn't seperate software (it's part of the main 3ds firmware/os) I'd say the fonts are probably there
wink.gif
But yes, there is no way to access or use them directly... but I'd think there is no reason why there couldn't be a webpage applet that would allow you to type in english and then it output in kana/kanji... The problem would be finding someone with enough free time and web developing skills to do so.

Gin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actualy the fonts are there, you can see them in the system if you put a japanese ds game (or a updated r4sdhc.com card :x)

koji2009 said:
ferofax said:
no Japanese language/fonts/input in non-Japanese 3DS units. it was removed entirely, save for browsing, which displays them just fine.

The fact that it's part of the browser and the browser isn't seperate software (it's part of the main 3ds firmware/os) I'd say the fonts are probably there
wink.gif
But yes, there is no way to access or use them directly... but I'd think there is no reason why there couldn't be a webpage applet that would allow you to type in english and then it output in kana/kanji... The problem would be finding someone with enough free time and web developing skills to do so.
google have something similar to that on translate.google, but it only converts hiragana to kanji, and you need a spacebar xD

about changing system language, sorry can't do
even my ds lite has more options there.
the only options I have is the languages you can find in the americas (br portuguese, french, spanish & english) since my system region is U

at least I can type in ?ussian lol doesnt mean I understand it, though

anyways thx for the answers, comrades ;D

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Nintendo doesn't believe in cross-cultural communications, so they probably thought it best to remove the ability to input japanese characters on non-japanese 3DS. they don't want westerners talking to japanese people, corrupting their minds with western thoughts.

gahaha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over