Japan Creating 300 MPH Floating Train

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Oooh, cool! Now we'll see which one will be superior, the Shanghai Maglev from the Airport to Pudong or the Tokyo-Nagoya Maglev. The Shanghai Maglev travels at 268 MPH (431 km/h) :P
Are you seriously comparing Chinese copycat tech to Japanese tech? Need I remind people what happened when China flaunted their first bullet train? Crashed and killed everybody in its first trip. Then, the government deemed it a sensitive issue and buried the whole thing--literally. on the spot, like nothing happened.

On another note, I miss playing Momotarou Dentetsu. That was my first brush with Japanese trains (most notably the famed Shinkansen), and with Japanese geography. Was also the spark that made me learn how to read. /blogtemp

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you seriously comparing Chinese copycat tech to Japanese tech? Need I remind people what happened when China flaunted their first bullet train? Crashed and killed everybody in its first trip. Then, the government deemed it a sensitive issue and buried the whole thing--literally. on the spot, like nothing happened.

On another note, I miss playing Momotarou Dentetsu. That was my first brush with Japanese trains (most notably the famed Shinkansen), and with Japanese geography. Was also the spark that made me learn how to read. /blogtemp

In all of JR's history, no passenger has ever been killed, even during earthquakes. The only people who died on the tracks are people who committed suicide.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
In all of JR's history, no passenger has ever been killed, even during earthquakes. The only people who died on the tracks are people who committed suicide.
OMG, I've been called out!

LOL, I dunno which line is it, but I'm pretty sure it's a Chinese bullet train. I might have exaggerated a bit on some details, but I digress. Besides, it's fun to sensationalize things, mwahaha.

There goes my troll post though.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They've been talking about this for quite some time. I first heard about it several years ago, but it's nice to see that they actually have a prototype of it now. Even back then they said they were pushing for completion by 2030. If they finish it in 15 years they'll actually be ahead of their original schedule.

What about Amagasaki? :blink:

That happened when I lived in Japan, and I remember the NHK coverage being on TV for weeks after the fact. There were delays in train schedules for a while after the Amagasaki crash because their rail system is a well-oiled machine, and one kink in the machine affects multiple train schedules. I was standing on a train platform about 200km northeast of where it happened, and I remember the PA system announcement saying something to the effect of "We sincerely apologize for the delay, but it's better to be late than dead."

*EDIT*
And in October the year before that, there was a huge earthquake in Niigata where a Shinkansen derailed for the first time ever. It was one of the deadliest earthquakes to hit Japan in recent times. Not sure if anyone died on that Shinkansen, I can't remember which rail line it was to look it up. But I remember that one too because again, I was living in Japan at the time and it was all over the news. One of my close friends was also living in Japan at the time (in Niigata where the earthquake happened) and I couldn't reach her by email or cell phone for several days to see how she was doing because all the communication infrastructure in her area was damaged.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone