Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

d0ud0u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi.. I have a few enquiry after reading most of the post in both the new and old Jap Wii user guide threads.

I am currently owning the first batch Jap wii modded set with 3.1J now(just update it through setting from 2.0J, hope it is ok to do so).

i have seen you guys mentioning about Wiikey, Wii Brick Blocker, or firmware version and so.

I would like to know if i were to update the version of each of them, do i update it on my wii console or the ISO before we burn the disc. Anyway, i have not burn any disc before, i bought them from factory online that sell modded wii games. So when i buy it, should i confirm with them the disc version? Should i confirm with them if THE DISC itself has WBB?

And the 3.1J version i mentioned is the firmware version of the console itself right?

So, wiikey version is the one that say 1.9G or 2.0G?

How do we check the wiikey version? and how do i update it? Do we update it through the set or when we burn the ISO?

Sorry, real sorry that i have so much questions. All the way since april, i have bought games without knowledge, but luckily, i havent bought any games that brick my set even though i had bought 30+ over games.. haha..

But just now when i scroll around the net to find out about Guitar hero 3(the one i wanted most now), and super mario galaxy(the one i wanted most NEXT), i found that jap set really can cause lots of serious problem. And somemore i had the FIRST BATCH. I wonder if first batch will cause even more problem? I bought the first batch(the 2nd or 3rd day after it release) cause i am too craze to get the new special featured WII. And the first batch wii in singapore is JAP set. So, the overpowering of my craze stand no time for me to think twice.

I abit regret, but regretting now is useless. All i can do now is be careful with very step i made. And i am actually a low risk taker so i am so gan chiong about every step i made now. Thats why i hope that you guys can help me out and guide me through. Thanks alot.

moochme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

darkgunsou86

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
From the wiki region compatibility list, fire emblem radiant dawn causes duplicate channels without using WBB on it but the game is playable. with WBB, the game is unplayable. so i have to ask, i have a semi brick jap wii from Metroid Prime 3 with dupe channels. i plan to unbrick it with SMG. should i put in Fire emblem 1st then update it through SMG? does Fire emblem add another dupe channel to mu wii to make a total of 4 useless channels? or the update of fire emblem still allows another update from SMG to unbrick my wii? i don't want to unbrick my jap wii with SMG only to have it semi brick again from Fire Emblem. Thanks guys.

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC-U games on a JAP wii are getting REALLY troublesome lately...this is a real bummer. The future looks bleak for us.....

d0ud0u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I just bought a guitar hero bundle original and used it and i got duplication! T.T Can the original NTSC-J Super Mario Galaxy solve it? and when i play GH3 again, there wont be duplication? Do i have to update the wiikey to 1.9g if i use the original SMG on my modded jap wii in order to not cause anymore problem to my wii?

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duplicate channels DOES NOT cause any real problems to your Wii. So far there is not solution....execpt probably resetting completely your will from the settings page.

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
So how come metroid and the likes will semi brick my wii if i playu it even though i have the latest firmwar eon my jap wii? Is there any thin gthat will permanently destroy the wii?

Also, does nayone know if anyone is working on a better reegion free sollution?

moochme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any tried updating from the JPN Fire Emblem (released ages ago) and then running a WBB version of the NTSC/U Fire Emblem? Maybe that'll work.

d0ud0u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If i reset the setting, what changes will it made to my wii? will the firmware will go back to original version? Or the save files will be all gone only?

Anyone knows if i play original SMG, still need to update wiikey to 1.9g?

Wangus8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games that will add additional channels to your front page (without using Brick-blocker):[/b]
I am 50% sure that updating from more than one of these games will not cause more than a total of 2 extra channels
-Metriod Prime (NTSC-U) [if 15-sec pullout trick is not used]
-fire emblem radiant dawn (NTSC-U)
-Guitar Hero III - Legends of Rock (NTSC-U)
-Battalion Wars 2(NTSC-U)

The compatibility wiki for Fire Emblem states With WBB,no request of upgrade but lockup while loading;without WBB there'll be duplicate channels,you can run the game,at least.

Does that mean that the only way I can play this game is to accept duplicate channels. Has no one been able to get it working without?

Daemonprince

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello,

I tried fire emblem ntsc-u on my jap wii without WBB but it doesn't work, it didn't do any update at all (3.0J; 1.9b).

4 days ago after i did update with galaxy ntsc-j and got duplicate channel, i updated with metroid ntsc-u, it works fine, no extra channel added.

Daemonprince

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Before i semi-bricked my jap wii with mario striker us, and unbricked with galaxy jap. But i got duplicate channel after that. Many people said that also.

The wii setting is still working.

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Im cponfused with this metroid thing. My wii arrived yesterday from a hk company who also gave me 30 games with it. they say it is a d2ckey and one of the gams was metroid. They tell me that it has 3 firmwar allready and all the games including metroid work. How is this ? fromwhat ive read, metroid wil brick it or semi brick it.

Simmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
JPN SMG will not create duplicate channel on JPN Wii! i just tested it out and happily playing SMG(but i can't read Japanese
frown.gif
) did the metroid update trick after that and it still works. no duplicate channel at all!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system