Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

coilnovaswarm

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
greetings,

I have a modded wii running on 3.2J (correct me if im wrong but 3.2 is the latest version, right?)

i wish to play metroid prime 3 and SSBB (im not sure if NTSC-U or PAL coz i just bought a pirated dvd) but im too chicken to try inserting the disks before asking..
Is there a risk of getting bricked or semi bricked? I dont care much about dupe channels, so long as i can access my settings menu. any advise is very much appreciated. thanks.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
use gecko region free for 1.4 for SSBB but you need the update

i suggest you update from bushing disc fix then update from SSBB nothing will happen

MP3 will after that

pandastew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i have been reading gbatemp for about 5 hours now...I am trying to get SSBB NTSC-USA version to work on 3.2J Wii with Wiikey 1.9s that have never played SSBB Jap version yet. there are many suggestions as to how to make SSBB USA version to work. Some of them include running SSBB Jap version first and getting its software update and then WBB the SSBB USA version ( but this requires over 16 GB of data so it is not very convinient.) another one said to do Prophet's method and it would work fine . the more I read on, there are many more methods that JAP Wii owners swore by...

can anybody tell me what is the most convenient way to play USA SSBBB on my 3.2J Wii with wiikey 1.9s?

Rhaegar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you've played mario kart, simply brick blocking it should do as it would have installed the required updates. If not, you could always download just the SSBB NTSC update itself (~100mb iirc) and replace the update partition in the original ISO with it using Wii Update Manager. There should be a thread somewhere with instructions and links to torrent/rapidshare of the file.
The prophet.ini patch will work as well, though while simple enough, might be a bit more effort if you dont have prior experience modifying files within the ISO.

pandastew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you say the SSBB NTSC update itself (~100mb iirc) is that NTSC-J or USA(and if anybody can tell me where to get it that would be great since I've been googling it with no result)? and u say that i can replace the update portion of SSBB-USA with Wii Update Manager are you talking about the 3.2J_B file from WuM and doesn't SSBB also have software update with it even though you have 3.2J? cuz if its 3.2J_B I got that on my japanese wii. and for mario kart will Mario Kart USA version be fine to run the updates is that what you are saying? prophet.inf patch right now seem to be the most clear cut one of all... all I need to do is follow the instruction prophet posted on this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76736 right?

Rhaegar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Woops, i meant NTSC-J update for SSBB, which is actually 180mb
tongue.gif

This is the 3.1J_v2 file from WuM. The idea is to replace the the 3.1U_v2 thats on the SSBB NTSC-U disk with 3.1J_v2 or even 3.1J_v3. This thread has instructions on how to do thi. Not sure what the 3.2J_B is, though i suspect that its the wii channel version in which case you'll still need the 3.1_v2 update (its only 30mb according to the WuM site). The wii system menu version reported in the settings doesnt quite correspond to actual firmware version. Here's a RS link as the torrent is probably dead.
With regards to mario kart, you still need to either brickblock or replace the update partition with a corresponding NTSC-J version. Never run an update that is a different region from your wii.
With the prophet patch, following those instructions will work, assuming you have trucha set up (instructions on how to do that is linked in the instructions).

pandastew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for replying back. now it is soo much more clearer as to what is to do as getting tid bids of information from different places kinda get confusing. I will go and get 3.1J_v3 from WuM and replace the updates of the SSBB USA version with 3.1J_v3 since it is the newest version(right?) I heard that there is also a software update along with the firmware update for SSBB will this 3.1J_v3 cover that? (or should I go with SSBB original firmware 3.1J_v2?) oh and if I choose to replace NTSC-USA SSBB update with 3.1J_v2 or 3, will I need to trucha to remove error_001 or switch region language to English or will replacing the update be enough?

Rhaegar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Either v2 or v3 should work, though I've personally only used the v2. No need for language patching though it does have 001 error. Dont have a wiikey myself, though i believe that the latest wiikey firmware will block 001 errors, so no need for further patching.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
how to never worry against bricking ever again: install bushings disc beforehand then update all you want from other region discs

i have never bricked yet though i installed super paper mario(PAL),SSBB(@#$%ing error 001),super mario galaxy(PAL) and okami(US) updates

although you may get dual channels and may be prompted to update again if you remove them but dual channels only is better than semi brick and dual channels

baseline007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey jan777. sorry man, i really couldn't upload the updates... page errors after it finishes... really sorry.. there is another link that Rhaegar gave which has the ssbb-j updates, i thinks its legit cause when i opened my ssbb-j dl version.. updates are like a hundred mb+ which is the same as the one given.. only in rapidshare though.. so good luck bro.. sorry again..

anyway, anyone tried Alone_In_The_Dark_PAL_WII-MOMENT on a jap wii? i currently getting it and i just want a heads up.. tnx!

another thing, 3.3 fw out? and it blocks twilight hack and freeloader? read it in a thread somewhere here.. true?

pandastew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand...bushing semibrick fix is used for wii that is semibricked by installing other regions' firmware update right? so if my NTSC-J Wii is not semibricked, will bushing's semibrick fix do anything for me? and also, how is this any different than just updating your semibricked Wii with the latest firmware update available for your region's? and should i get this one wii-system-menu-update-JAP-v288-repad?

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
bushings disc will eliminate all possibilities that your wii will ever get bricked and it installs your region firmware

if you install 3.3 your will get the fun sucked outta your wii so update with bushings disc you will gain immunity from all bricks under 3.2 or

find the rapidshare link baseline007 mentioned and install tyhat via wad installer

@baseline its ok i updated from the ntsc u copy and no bricks

pandastew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright downloaded the bushing JAP semibrick disc v288 and burned it using imgburn at 2X speed but didnt work. tried 2times already. am I supposed to just burn the ISO to disc and just ran it just like a game? cuz that didnt work. I dont think its the disc cuz I have use the same disc batch to make SMG, NoMoreHeroes, and BoomBlox

In my game channel, games like boomblox and smg wont work unless I trucha sign it to get the error 001 and set the language to English otherwise I have black blank screen. now in 3.3 trucha signed games wont work anymore right? so what is the alternate way to get NTSC-U games to work on NTSC-J Wii? and also do any1 get japanese letterings on NTSC-U games on the main menu game channel?

baseline007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok.. i think i have read enough... so 3.3 is a no go for me as of now.. Twilight hack is being deleted and trucha discs wont work anymore.. and most of my games are trucha signed because i have a jap wii.. they say gecko region free works via Homebrew channel.. i dont have homebrew channel as i dont know how to install it...

anyway, anyone got Alone in the Dark PAL working on jap yet?

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baseline007 said:
ok.. i think i have read enough... so 3.3 is a no go for me as of now.. Twilight hack is being deleted and trucha discs wont work anymore.. and most of my games are trucha signed because i have a jap wii.. they say gecko region free works via Homebrew channel.. i dont have homebrew channel as i dont know how to install it...

anyway, anyone got Alone in the Dark PAL working on jap yet?

dude it's real easy to install the homebrew channel.. just download the disc image.. takes like 2 mins!

have you tried playing alone in the dark PAL yet or you can't get it working?

pandastew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do u really need to ask every other post about the alone in the dark? jeez if uwant to play it soo bad then u can stalk the torrent sites and ask ppl who download it...

baseline007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive got homebrew channel up and running now after a few hours of google and patience.. Its kinda pretty cool.. Thanks to the makers.... With regards to Alone in the dark.. Im in the process of currently getting the game atm. I just want a heads up for anybody who got it working.. Its nearly done anyway, will experiment and/or apply all the blocks and patches and stuff.. Then I'll let y'all know...

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
pandastew said:
alright downloaded the bushing JAP semibrick disc v288 and burned it using imgburn at 2X speed but didnt work. tried 2times already. am I supposed to just burn the ISO to disc and just ran it just like a game? cuz that didnt work. I dont think its the disc cuz I have use the same disc batch to make SMG, NoMoreHeroes, and BoomBlox

In my game channel, games like boomblox and smg wont work unless I trucha sign it to get the error 001 and set the language to English otherwise I have black blank screen. now in 3.3 trucha signed games wont work anymore right? so what is the alternate way to get NTSC-U games to work on NTSC-J Wii? and also do any1 get japanese letterings on NTSC-U games on the main menu game channel?

o if you still got the iso open with trucha and extract ios 36 wad and system menu v288wad or somthing under the .sys files then install that with wad manager

booting through geckoOS will get rid of your problems

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans