Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

devil_goalie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if you have the latest 3.2J, ssbb needs to install additional updates in order to run. so this means that you have no choice but to run the ssbb jp update or the proph modified .inf update file in order to play the game.

stuffed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
but i cant insert the proph inf now, because i've already wbb it...
that means either i redownload it, or download dvd5 jp and update...
also i've used generic patcher so i could play on 1.9b...

hope everything will be ok
biggrin.gif

rawbier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wait, if i update with dvd5 smash bros x, would i still be able to play brawl us retail disc or no? cuz i'm dying to play us retail instead of burning another disc.

Dnestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone try out House of the Dead 2 and 3-USA yet? I used the Language game patcher and set it to English, but it still had menus in Japanese (though the wii menu was in english).

bosspanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
to Devil>> 1. we need to extract main.dol and use Generic WiiPatcher to avoid 001error?
2. we need to use Wii Language Patcher?
3. or just trucha signer it and replace the update with proph update?
4. what layer and burn speed that u have succesfully?

thx^^

Gokou282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dnestr said:
Anyone try out House of the Dead 2 and 3-USA yet? I used the Language game patcher and set it to English, but it still had menus in Japanese (though the wii menu was in english).

Haven't tried it yet but get V2 of the patcher and according to the readme (perhaps it applies to US version too?)

House of Dead 2&3 (J) can be altered to English by patching main.dol, hod2.dol and hod3.dol (under zexec folder)

I might give it a go tonight..

devil_goalie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bosspanda said:
to Devil>> 1. we need to extract main.dol and use Generic WiiPatcher to avoid 001error?
2. we need to use Wii Language Patcher?
3. or just trucha signer it and replace the update with proph update?
4. what layer and burn speed that u have succesfully?

thx^^

If you haven't played the jpn version ssbb before on your jp wii, trucha sign the inf file for the proph one, then burn the cd without wbb. I didn't used a specific layer break, I burnt the game on dual layer disk at 2.4x on memorex dvd+r dl.

If it doesn't work, then go with the generic patcher for 001 and replace the .dol with the new one generated by the patcher (all this with trucha)

rawbier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mwaddoups said:
God dammit - Having for some reason never updated to 3.2J, I stuck in SSBB US and updated immediately - welcome to semi-brick
frown.gif
. Anyone confirm that it is 3.2U, so I'm waiting for 3.3J?

I'm concerned about my JAP wii now because I'm dying to play Brawl in english. I feel bad for mwaddoups for his semi-bricked wii. Mines is now 3.2J but only got dual channels from that f(censored)ing retail Mario Galaxy copy and giving me a plain black screen. I d/l'd the ntsc-u torrent but iso was corrupted.

SO! has anyone here tried a RETAIL copy of US BRAWL on their JAP Wii instead of using a backup? I don't want to use wii brickblocker or any type of these patch things cuz i want authentic copy!

the only original copy i own for wii is WII FIT jap, great game that makes me want to avoid selling my wii.

my wii is 3.2J, and d2ckey btw.

bosspanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
to Devil and everyone know^^ >>> 1. actually the generic patcher and wiilanguage patcher is same use for error 001 right? so if i use language patcher is allright? (for ssbb)
2. i need to regionfrii it? (for ssbb)

thx

siokzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
bosspanda said:
to Devil and everyone know^^ >>> 1. actually the generic patcher and wiilanguage patcher is same use for error 001 right? so if i use language patcher is allright? (for ssbb)
2. i need to regionfrii it? (for ssbb)

thx

1. the generic patcher includes the language patcher AND can be used for error 101
the language patcher does just that... patch the language settings...

2. didn't regionfrii mine and it works...

HyperVisor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SMG (US)

I've previously played SMG (J) on my JPN Wii and everything played fine - although obviously with the Japanese text
smile.gif
. I've now got US version, extracted the main.dol file and signed it all using Trucha.

I've then burnt it, but after selecting the game from the Wii channel, it just comes up with a black screen. What else do I need to do to get this working? Should I also have patched it using the generic patcher?

HyperVisor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, three coasters now trying to get SMG (US) working on a Jpn Wii. I'm using 3.1J and as in the above post, have been successfully playing the Jpn version of SMG.

Here's what I'd done:

1. Got the US ISO
2. Extracted the main.dol file using trucha
3. Patched the main.dol file using WGLP v2, replaced the existing main.dol file and re-signed the parition
4. Run WiiBrickBlocker 1.3 to remove the update
5. Burnt the ISO, game appears but results in a black screen after initial load
6. Reliased I probably need to patch using the Wii Generic Patcher
7. Extracted the main.dol file using trucha
8. Patched the main.dol file using Wii Generic Patcher v1.11
9. Patched and saved successfully
10. Replaced the existing main.dol file again and re-signed the partition
11. Burnt the ISO, game appears but results in a black screen after initial load

The only difference I can see from what other are doing / have is:

1. I have 3.1J and not 3.2J (shouldn't matter)
2. I extracted the main.dol file twice for the WGLP and Wii Generic Patcher proces

Any ideas?

indokid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HyperVisor said:
OK, three coasters now trying to get SMG (US) working on a Jpn Wii. I'm using 3.1J and as in the above post, have been successfully playing the Jpn version of SMG.

Here's what I'd done:

1. Got the US ISO
2. Extracted the main.dol file using trucha
3. Patched the main.dol file using WGLP v2, replaced the existing main.dol file and re-signed the parition
4. Run WiiBrickBlocker 1.3 to remove the update
5. Burnt the ISO, game appears but results in a black screen after initial load
6. Reliased I probably need to patch using the Wii Generic Patcher
7. Extracted the main.dol file using trucha
8. Patched the main.dol file using Wii Generic Patcher v1.11
9. Patched and saved successfully
10. Replaced the existing main.dol file again and re-signed the partition
11. Burnt the ISO, game appears but results in a black screen after initial load

The only difference I can see from what other are doing / have is:

1. I have 3.1J and not 3.2J (shouldn't matter)
2. I extracted the main.dol file twice for the WGLP and Wii Generic Patcher proces

Any ideas?

i'll try to help
check if you did these:

1) get the main.dol from the second partition
2) drag-drop the main.dol to wglp_v2.exe and press 3->1->1

works for me on the first try..

HyperVisor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ indokid

Thx. But did you also go through the other steps I'd done, i.e. brickblocker, generic patcher etc and was there a particular order that it should be completed?

Also when I dragged the main.dol file on WGLP, I selected option 1, is that any different to using the 3>1>1 manual method?

simpleplan123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need help. I think I'm the only person ever to get DUAL CHANNELS from SMG (JAP)!!! I update my JAP wii with a JAP SMG and got dual channels and my settings page STILL can't be accessed, meaning my wii is STILL SEMI-BRICKED!!

So I need help, didn't update my modchip whatsoever cos I don't know what it is, tried 1.9b update but didn't work. Also I don't know my Wii firmware, it got semi-bricked by Pokemon Battle Revo. So I'm at a loss on what to do next. Also, SS:BB(US) can't be read on my Wii. The iso is patched so didn't use generic or WBB on it. Don't think SS:BB (JAP) would be able to be read too if SS:BB( US) can't. How do I make it be able to read on my wii? It's burned on a Verbatim DVD DL.

PS: I allowed the updates for Link's Crossbow Training & American Idol: Encore after my Wii got semi-bricked.... Maybe one of them caused SMG (JAP)'s update to not work?

indokid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HyperVisor said:
@ indokid

Thx. But did you also go through the other steps I'd done, i.e. brickblocker, generic patcher etc and was there a particular order that it should be completed?

Also when I dragged the main.dol file on WGLP, I selected option 1, is that any different to using the 3>1>1 manual method?

option 1 should be the same as 3-1-1

i did not brickblock, though i did use generic patcher to remove 001 error only

wii JPN 3.2j with WiiKey 1.9b

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
simpleplan123 said:
Hi, I need help. I think I'm the only person ever to get DUAL CHANNELS from SMG (JAP)!!! I update my JAP wii with a JAP SMG and got dual channels and my settings page STILL can't be accessed, meaning my wii is STILL SEMI-BRICKED!!

So I need help, didn't update my modchip whatsoever cos I don't know what it is, tried 1.9b update but didn't work. Also I don't know my Wii firmware, it got semi-bricked by Pokemon Battle Revo. So I'm at a loss on what to do next. Also, SS:BB(US) can't be read on my Wii. The iso is patched so didn't use generic or WBB on it. Don't think SS:BB (JAP) would be able to be read too if SS:BB( US) can't. How do I make it be able to read on my wii? It's burned on a Verbatim DVD DL.

PS: I allowed the updates for Link's Crossbow Training & American Idol: Encore after my Wii got semi-bricked.... Maybe one of them caused SMG (JAP)'s update to not work?

maybe..
tips:
next time be patient, dude. why did you let update from link and american idol ran from the first place? r u nuts?
just wait for the next JPN update.

okay, now get to the bussiness
you said that 1.9b not worked? how come? have you tried boot with gcos first?
if not try it, then swap with wiikey update disk. update to 1.9b first then update to 1.9g.
or you can try remove the 001 disk error on smg and ssbb with wii general patcher on the main.dol.

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HyperVisor said:
@ indokid

Well, you just have to language patch it and brickblock it, nothin' else to do. I'm currently running it with 3.1J, like you. What modchip have you got?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...