Jack problem 3ds xl

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by zbask, Apr 29, 2014.

1. zbask
    OP

zbask Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2014
    Romania
    Bistrita
    Hello, my jack never worked, i have a hardware mod done from unbicking my device, I didn't mess aroud at all with the jack any of you do you have problems with your 3ds xl? mine is only 2 months old.

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    take it you mean the headphone jack?

have you tried cleaning it out with a pipe cleaner or something (the little fluffy bendy sticks kids use for art stuff)

3. zbask
    OP

zbask Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2014
    Romania
    Bistrita
    yes i have, i'we tried with emunand and nand, i tought it was a software problem, any of you have problems with their audio output? i am a hardware modder so there is no problem for me to try to fix it but i can't see any issue.

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    if you have a small file try scraping the surfaces of the contacts of the jack inside the port in case there is anything coating them, other than than one of the pins may be bent inside, you could try opening it up and seeing if you can push it back outwards with a needle, i haven't had look at the jack on a 3ds, but most usually have a few lil holes on the jack casing that you can poke a needle through to bend the pins back into place

5. zbask
    OP

zbask Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2014
    Romania
    Bistrita
    so, i hear in my headphones a sound a little buzz so there is an contact point, i want only a confirmation if the audio output of an 3ds xl works with any 3ds flash card with emunand or not.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yeah it works fine for me

7. zbask
    OP

zbask Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2014
    Romania
    Bistrita
    so i foud the problem, it's the jack port very poorly build, i'll try to fix it.