Itunes wtf

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by air2004, Sep 4, 2012.

Sep 4, 2012

Itunes wtf by air2004 at 2:21 PM (402 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. air2004
    OP

Member air2004 Air

United States
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/03/tech/web/bruce-willis-itunes/index.html?c=showbiz&page=2 is this the end of ownership? People start buying your music from the brick and mortar stores fuck apple

2. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    This almost sounds like an Onion article but without much humor especially considering it hasn't been verified by spokesmen, Willis or his wife.

Licensing for wares is getting old. If you destroy your iDevice somehow and don't care to buy another one (perhaps because of this issue or at least in part) then your only option is to skirt this "rule" and burn and rip the music back or to get a program to record your audio out from your soundcard into mp3s (can be extremely tedious and prone to muffing up). This just drives people to pirate music more.

On another note, I wonder if since you acquired a license for the song then you are able to use it in anything you want. I wonder this because dev tool, components, dlls, etc that are licensed allow the licensee to do such. This is such a legal grey area that just keeps getting piled upon by stupid legislators getting kickbacks from companies like Apple without much of a recourse because the little people can't stand against giant corporations like them.

3. Tom

Member Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

United States
    I just buy it again and say I thought I could re-download for free, I get an Immediate refund

4. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    This is why I use Amazon to buy my music if I feel the need to buy an album or an MP3. DRM-free.

5. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    I don't see how this is an issue. iTunes music purchases are DRM-free as well. So cwnt you just put it on a HDD(or other safe alternatives) and keep it forever? At that point, there isn't much Apple can do. They can't come to your house and force you to delete every single MP3 you bought.

6. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Though that is a pretty amusing image to think of.