Hacking Homebrew It's not over! - 3DS Softbrick help needed

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3) Will this wipe any memory on either the SD or the Nand? I want to make sure my game saves and homebrew stay safe.
Your other files on the sd card should stay there, 3dsx,cias folder etc. So no worries about them.
You only need to backup the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, and the movable.sed & some others (can't recall which specifically) in GodMode9, might tag @godreborn for that :). They're essential if you want to decrypt your saves from the "Nintendo 3DS" folder..
(and i'm a little against waiting 2 hours for my shitty, slow microsd to finish backing up on my PC right now. If i do that, it'll be because i'm switching from my 16 gig to my 32 gig cart.)
Make sure to test it with h2testw before attempting anything, a faulty or defective sd card will only complicate things..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you need the movable.sed to decrypt the contents of the sd card or you could get the essential.exefs, which you can get the movable.sed from. both can be obtained with godmode. you can also get your movable.sed from a nand backup. it starts with SEED in ascii iirc, down 320 bytes. if you're afraid to use godmode, try 3ds recovery tool by @Joel16 . it can backup several files including the movable.sed.

Reactions: CoolMe

AliceCE

Rookie 3DS Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you need the movable.sed to decrypt the contents of the sd card or you could get the essential.exefs, which you can get the movable.sed from. both can be obtained with godmode. you can also get your movable.sed from a nand backup. it starts with SEED in ascii iirc, down 320 bytes. if you're afraid to use godmode, try 3ds recovery tool by @Joel16 . it can backup several files including the movable.sed.
Ok. thanks. keeping apps are essential here so this will def help.
Sadly can't get my 3DS back for a week because of grounding from it, so CTRTransfer will have to wait a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-