Hacking Issues with a certain HD with usb loader gx

sir_seagill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all

Recently bought a Western Digital 'My Book Elite' 1.5 TB external hdd and have spent over a week trying to get usb loader to work with it. No luck yet.

Tried formating to NTFS/not formatting and then making it WBFS. It looks like it all works fine. Shows up in usb loader/downloads game covers/disk covers. But cannot get a game to work. It adds to the play count but just goes to a black screen or resets back to the wii menu. I got a USB stick, formatted straight to WBFS - put the New Mario on it, and usb loader loads it fine. (A strange difference was with the usb, the mario tunes plays when you selected the game, but with the hdd it just stays with the menu music)

Tried formatting to FAT32, but then it fails to get converted to WBFS.

Tried making the game into a WBFS format and then putting it a FAT formatted drive. Comes the message that there's no WBFS partition.

Tried the usb loader to format the drive to WBFS - it formats but then fails to load.

Any other suggestions for things I could try? It's a jap wii with HBC 1.0.3, cIOS38_rev14, any other info you need I'll try to dig up. thanks.

sir_seagill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
...well, seems I did get my Western Digital 'My Book Elite' 1.5TB ext hdd to working with usbloader in the end by:

formating a 500 gig partition to fat32 then using wbfs manager to convert it for wii. (a 1.5 tb partition was probably too big)

Now I'm going to test how big I can make that partition since I want to use as much of the ext hdd as possible.
I tried making another fast32 500 gig partition and loaded some other games on it, but usb loader only loaded the first one.

ircglitch

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
sir_seagill said:
...well, seems I did get my Western Digital 'My Book Elite' 1.5TB ext hdd to working with usbloader in the end by:

formating a 500 gig partition to fat32 then using wbfs manager to convert it for wii. (a 1.5 tb partition was probably too big)

Now I'm going to test how big I can make that partition since I want to use as much of the ext hdd as possible.
I tried making another fast32 500 gig partition and loaded some other games on it, but usb loader only loaded the first one.

Yo Man, I having a Western Digital Elements 1TB, got it to partition to 500gb ntfs and 500gb WBFS, using "Configurable USB Loader" here.
Games titles are able to display but hang at the screen where write "starting iso/game".
My other portable HDD which was WBFS, which was my test drive works fine.

Any gurus here, have any idea wats the problem here ?

Thanks

r3lay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same issue with WD Elements Desktop 400 GB External hard drive
formatted to fat32, wbfs files in wbfs folder, saying that theres no wbfs partition.
Everything works fine with Configurable USB Loader

magicflip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
run disk management, format the external FROM disk management to NTFS, run wbfs and format it, put your games on, run configurable usb loader, and update it

magicflip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys are running cfg usb loader with channel forwarders right? usb loader gx is ok but cfg usb loader runs way stabler, make sure you guys are running the loader off the sd card

sir_seagill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Configurable USB Loader sounds good. will try.

before that though, I made a 1 TB fat32 partition but wbfs manager is unable to format it (error occurred blah blah) is there another type of wbfs manager than can handle larger partitions, or a way usb loader can load games from 2 wbfs partitions? thanks.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sir_seagill said:
Tried making the game into a WBFS format and then putting it a FAT formatted drive. Comes the message that there's no WBFS partition.

Any other suggestions for things I could try? It's a jap wii with HBC 1.0.3, cIOS38_rev14, any other info you need I'll try to dig up. thanks.

You need hermes cios 222 rev4 if you want to use fat.
It's the way forward, you don't need a sd card anymore.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
magicflip said:
you guys are running cfg usb loader with channel forwarders right? usb loader gx is ok but cfg usb loader runs way stabler, make sure you guys are running the loader off the sd card
?? stabler? how?
but yeah, I think there's a limit to the partition size

todd72173

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My WD My Book Essential external 1TB drive works perfect with config usb loader. Recognizes all 1TB.
Its probably the loader. Use 'config usb loader' instead. I have it forwarding channel and no issues.

sir_seagill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the end I figured I didn't want the whole 1.5 TB as WBFS. 1TB is enough, rest is for computer. all good.

so basically the main problem is that partition was too big. Even that program in the config usb loader only read/allowed me to format 1TB.

I'm cool with sticking with usb loader gx, spent enough time trying to get this thing to work
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun