Gaming Issue...?

jebug29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have an issue (that may not be an actual issue).
*My Wii U has not yet been updated

After playing Nintendo Land, I opted to go back to the Wii U menu via the home button on the Gamepad. However, when I did, it got stuck on the home menu. So I tried shutting down the U via the Gamepad. That didn't work, and I was able to turn the Gamepad back on and connect to the Wii U for a few minutes afterward (TV control still works fine) until I was no longer able to connect to the console. Now it's just stuck on that screen with the music playing.

My best guess is it's trying to update the Wii U in the background and is stuck on that screen while doing so. Since it's been such a long time (over 30 minutes), I assume it's still downloading.

Help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
~Jesse Downing

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't turn it off if I were you. It very well could be updating in the background, I'd just let it sit there and check back on it later. I was at my friends house, and his Wii U encountered the same problem, so we left, came back, and the Wii U was fine.

jebug29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just froze. I checked my bandwith counter and nothing was happening. All I had to do was unplug it and plug it back in. Thanks!
(I made sure that it was frozen. For anyone reading this thread, NEVER unplug your Wii U unless you're absolutely sure that it's merely frozen!)

jebug29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now I have another issue (that existed before I created this thread). My system refuses to update. I go to the update screen and then it goes to download the update and then it gives me an error. Well, a variety of errors, all just giving me basic steps to get it to work and blah blah blah that I've tried and don't work. The problem is that it's giving me an error code about connecting to the internet, but I can already connect to the internet just fine. It just won't update.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I had the same problem. Move the system right next to the router (you can use the gamepad as the "TV") and then retry the update. It needs a stronger than normal signal for the update for some reason. remember, don't unplug during an update! It takes about 1-1.5 hours.

jebug29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@snailface THANK YOU! I moved it into my living room, let it download while I played Nintendo Land, and now I'm happy to say I'm typing this from the Wii U browser! :D And thanks to everyone else, too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex