Homebrew Issue with Homebrew launcher on NN3DSXL?

Matalan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i installed a9lh on my new N3DSXL a few days ago and I'm loving it and everything works great apart from when I enter the homebrew app.
When I select it I get a black screens apart from it saying the homemenu ropbin is ready.
And if it does start up and let me in, it will then flash green and red and trying to select the CHMM theme launcher and others crash.

NitroCipher

GBAtemp's Resident Alchemist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open up the Luma menu while starting your n3ds. Find where it says (Clock-L2) and switch it over to (off). This should fix your issue, if not come back and a more experienced person might be able to help you.

Matalan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help but I've deleted all of the constants of the homebrew starter kit as most of it doesn't work or is crashing.

NDTube04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I was having an issue with some of the apps. What firmware version are you running? I run 11.3 and I had to replace the otherapp.bin and the NEW-11.3-3DS.bin (in the homebrewlauncherloader folder) with the one for 11.2. It solved the issues I was having with the apps. Hope this helped!

~Nathaniel

NDTube04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the latest 11.4.
At the moment I'm just installing through FBI using QR codes.
Okay, that works too. Try replacing the otherapp.bin files in there. I can't directly link them, I don't think, but you can get them from the main github site. Just download the USA-11.2-35U otherapp.bin and replace the one currently on your SD card. Then, go to the HBLauncherLoader folder on the root of your SD card, and paste (and rename) the 11.2 otherapp.bin file to the name of the file currently in there. Then try to load it. I was having a problem with HANS and came across this solution. Good luck!

~Nathaniel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT