iso manager for USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by KNoffel, Apr 6, 2009.

Apr 6, 2009

iso manager for USB Loader by KNoffel at 10:16 PM (4,662 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. KNoffel
    OP

Newcomer KNoffel Member

Germany
    Hey there,
    I've made a wbfs gui with lots of features like:
    If you've got problems when using Windows Vista, try to execute the file as administrator.

Please report any bugs in this topic.
    If you want some features to be added, just ask [​IMG].

When extracting a game, make sure the game on your wbfs partition doesn't contain any of these characters: / \ | < > ? % * : " .

I'm searching beta testers for upcomming versions ICQ: 310-110-121

Download
    Updated: 07-04-2009

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53DaPaS4N8k

2. WiiMonkey

Member WiiMonkey GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Nice job

3. Kempston

Newcomer Kempston Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Checked it out, looks really good so far. I love the tabs, makes things a lot neater.

Nice job.

4. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm still wondering why everybody accesses the drives with their drive letter and not the device address.
    I'm using the cygwin build of bwfs with GUI and it works well without drive letter [​IMG] As long as the explorer can't show the contents of the drive a drive letter seems useless to me, just my own opinion.
    Nice work though. GUI is nice, the windows port of BWFS still sucks [​IMG]

5. KNoffel
    OP

Newcomer KNoffel Member

Germany
    I've heard about the cygwin build too late and didn't want to edit all stuff i've implemented (I'm too lazy [​IMG]) but future versions will be using the device address.

6. hooovahh

Newcomer hooovahh Member

United States
    Great GUI, very handy. The only issue I've seen so far (and it may be nothing) but I added a single ISO and the "Please Wait..." window came up, so I left it for about 2 hours and the window was still there. So I closed the software and plugged the drive into my wii. The one game I wanted to add was there and I ran it and it worked fine.

Is this a known bug that it doesn't know when the ISO is done being added? Or did it really not add all of the ISO, I didn't play all of the game just a few minutes. Thanks.

7. KNoffel
    OP

Newcomer KNoffel Member

Germany
    This bug is already known. I just forgot to enable the buttons and remove the "Please wait..." Panel after finishing. (Don't worry, the games will work fine, it's just my gui which "freezes" after adding an single iso)
    Tonight I'm going to release a new version were this (and other issues) are fixed [​IMG]

8. sheridan2000

Newcomer sheridan2000 Advanced Member

United States
    A progress bar would be nice as could not see how far into the required action it was...in fact did not even know it was doing anything....Cheers..

9. KNoffel
    OP

Newcomer KNoffel Member

Germany
    There are progessbars for allmost all functions [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Could you specify the action where no progressbar was shown?

10. hooovahh

Newcomer hooovahh Member

United States
    I did not see a progress bar for the add action, I mean I saw it but it didn't display a percentage, or have any blue bar. I'll wait for the next release and verify the same result.

11. UrkeytaY

Member UrkeytaY GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Great tool!

The only thing I've tried so far is to extract an iso from my external and I see no progress bar...I can hear stuff writing to the hard drive though.

Also, I notice the extract defaults to the program files directory...any way you could add a "browse" feature, so that the extracted iso can go to the place of your choice?

Again though, great looking tool...can't wait to see where this one goes!

**edit**

I can confirm that the extraction completed, but it just indicated at the bottom that it was complete.

12. anino

Newcomer anino Member

United States
    Can this make a copy between 2 HDD with WBFS format? let's say i want to upgrade to a new HDD does it auto detect that the source and destination are WBFS?

13. KNoffel
    OP

Newcomer KNoffel Member

Germany
    Not implemented yet, but it's something i'll think about.

14. hooovahh

Newcomer hooovahh Member

United States
    XP SP3, running the Zune theme (doubt it matters)

15. UrkeytaY

Member UrkeytaY GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am using XP SP3 as well.

And yeah, if you can implement transfering between HD's that would make my day!

Keep up the good work!

16. KNoffel
    OP

Newcomer KNoffel Member

Germany
    I'm running XP myself.. maybe it's just bugged in the version I've uploaded. But I'll keep an eye on this after finishing my new feature (Safe Delete)

[​IMG]

Edit: Sorry, i've just noticed that on this machine, SP2 is installed. Going to install SP3 now and check it myself.

Edit2: Just installed SP3 and tested. Progressbar and % while adding etc are ok.

17. RavRob

Newcomer RavRob Advanced Member

Canada
    Not sure if batch adding files work. No progress bar and seeing no action on the HDD but it says "Work in Progress". Sure looks frozen but I'll leave it for a while and see if it goes or not.

Tx for the app though.

UPDATE: It was frozen. I restarted the app and now I can see acton on the HDD lights. Still no bar display though. It is simply grey.

18. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Great tool , ill test it in a bit and add to the new zip im doing if it works and if u dont mind [​IMG]

19. spliffdizzle

Newcomer spliffdizzle Member

United States
    I tried out the LG Drive dumping but I'm not completely sure it was working. The friidump process was running, but there was no indication that anything was happening. I also noticed that my floppy (a:) was being constantly accessed while I was playing around with the program. I am running this under the Win7 Beta...

20. KNoffel
    OP

Newcomer KNoffel Member

Germany