Hacking ISO Forwarder for Netflix Channel

ekudp

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
15
Trophies
0
XP
31
Country
United States
Surely someone smarter that me must done this already.

My wii boots directly to USB loader. I have the Netflix ISO loaded in there. Now I want to add an ISO that forwards to the Netflix channel that I have installed.

Is there a forwarder in the form of an ISO that forwards to the Netflix Channel?

Trying to make it easy on the family.
 

koji2009

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
1,193
Trophies
0
XP
197
Country
United States
Soooooooo...... you're asking to have a forwarder... in the form of an ISO... to load a channel? Kind of completely reversed of what's already done?


Why not just stick to the netflix ISO? Seems you're trying to find a solution to a problem you don't have.
 

ekudp

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
15
Trophies
0
XP
31
Country
United States
The Netflix Channel has new features that the Netflix Disc does not (browsing, searching, etc). That is why I am not staying status quo. And when using the "disc" iso, it regularly reminds you that the channel version is available.

You are 100% correct on what I am trying to do. I know there are tools to create ISO Forwarders. It has been done for various homebrew already. I think the tool is called wad2iso but I don't have the WAD file for the Netflix channel.
 

AlteSean

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
1
Trophies
0
XP
10
Country
United States
I was wondering something similar, this is actually a good question as Netflix has become the primary use of my Wii. There is also a huge difference between the channel and the disc, namely that in the channel you can search for what you want to watch.

What I would like to see is a mod of Priiloader enabling autoloading of the Netflix Channel, as you can with the homebrew channel or a USB Loader. Then setting the return to field as USB Loader GX. So when I turn on my Wii it loads to the Netflix Channel then then I select Wii Menu it will return to the usb loader.
 

Arm73

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2006
Messages
2,046
Trophies
0
Location
Switzerland
XP
587
Country
Italy
There is actually an ISO around with the nflix channel 1.0.1( with the search function and all ).
In fact, I downloaded that ISO before nflix released the official wii channel, made a forwader for my usb loader and boot it from the wii menu off the usb drive directly.
Of course my system became obsolete once nflix released the official channel.
Google for the iso V1.0.1 and intall that instead of the old v1.0, then you can boot into the updated netflix channel from the usb loader.
 

ekudp

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
15
Trophies
0
XP
31
Country
United States
Great. I am trying the 1.0.1 WBFS now. That is a decent soloution.

A future proof solution would be an ISO Forwarder to the Netflix Channel.

BTW, I am using USB Loader GX and it does have channel loading but is a few clicks deep. The ISO version is so convenient.
 

bnm81002

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
806
Trophies
0
Location
New York
XP
166
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
There is actually an ISO around with the nflix channel 1.0.1( with the search function and all ).
In fact, I downloaded that ISO before nflix released the official wii channel, made a forwader for my usb loader and boot it from the wii menu off the usb drive directly.
Of course my system became obsolete once nflix released the official channel.
Google for the iso V1.0.1 and intall that instead of the old v1.0, then you can boot into the updated netflix channel from the usb loader.



can you provide a link for the channel to be downloade? I searched google but couldn't find it? thanks
 

Arm73

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2006
Messages
2,046
Trophies
0
Location
Switzerland
XP
587
Country
Italy
bnm81002 said:
Arm73 said:
There is actually an ISO around with the nflix channel 1.0.1( with the search function and all ).
In fact, I downloaded that ISO before nflix released the official wii channel, made a forwader for my usb loader and boot it from the wii menu off the usb drive directly.
Of course my system became obsolete once nflix released the official channel.
Google for the iso V1.0.1 and intall that instead of the old v1.0, then you can boot into the updated netflix channel from the usb loader.



can you provide a link for the channel to be downloade? I searched google but couldn't find it? thanks



Sure, how about this :
RVD420 said:
the netflix 1.01 file can be downloaded in wbfs format at megaupload.com/?d=9N8U030G

QUOTE(ekudp @ Nov 25 2010, 03:19 AM)
Great. I am trying the 1.0.1 WBFS now. That is a decent soloution.

A future proof solution would be an ISO Forwarder to the Netflix Channel.

BTW, I am using USB Loader GX and it does have channel loading but is a few clicks deep. The ISO version is so convenient.

I think that's the PERFECT solution if you ask me.
It does exactly what you want it to do, so why mess around with forwarders and such
wink.gif
?
 

ekudp

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Messages
15
Trophies
0
XP
31
Country
United States
I got around to trying the updated 1.0.1 disc ISO. Won't work. As soon as it is loaded it gives you the Netflix message that the disc is no longer needed (eject disc and recycle it).

The only solution that will work is to make a Netflix ISO Forwarder to the Netflix Channel.

Anyone ever done this?

I would also be happy with an ISO version of the WAD from something like wad2iso. Anyone have the WAD?

Thanks.
 

boondoklife

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
187
Trophies
0
Location
Jah's Pocket
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
120
Country
United States
ekudp said:
I got around to trying the updated 1.0.1 disc ISO. Won't work. As soon as it is loaded it gives you the Netflix message that the disc is no longer needed (eject disc and recycle it).

The only solution that will work is to make a Netflix ISO Forwarder to the Netflix Channel.

Anyone ever done this?

I would also be happy with an ISO version of the WAD from something like wad2iso. Anyone have the WAD?

Thanks.

Could have saved yourself the trouble, I told you that was the message it gave ya! =]
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Just ordered two new 4k Blu-rays. Bram Stokers Dracula 30th Anniversary 4k Steelbook and Basket Case Limited Edition 4k.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    discs are soooooo much better quality than 4k streaming netflix, amazon, etc. and heavily compressed hvec, x264/5, etc rips.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sure, if you really want/"need" the highest quality there is you can grab remuxes. But will be pretty big file sizes, so disks can be better in that regard.
    But piracy is free so... :D
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was mad I was not included, I had bunch of cusswords I invented to use.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    honestly remux is not worth it
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    some bluray rips are kinda crappy, remuxes are a more safe bet, but i usually don't have trouble finding a good rip, there are certain groups to avoid and some to look out for
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @RedColoredStars netflix really is bad quality but some of the other streaming services aren't too bad. i think i've had good quality from disney+
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    amazon seems decent enough
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Piracy is free, but my usenet subscription and the NASes I built to hold everything aren't :tpi: :rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol choosing disney+ over Netflix of course they cap tier quality per subscription
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    hi peepls
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, All software should be free use tbh
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Throw in a ad or two I don't care as long as I can use it
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    indeed
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No ads please I'll pay for the software (or pirate it) 😭
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it means full use and not locked down features give me the ad
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    k3n why does it say you are the village idiot lmaoooo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because I'm the village idiot
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    ah I see have a nice day lmao
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    gba temp is a small village of idiots its great
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    I love it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I haven't been upgraded to village hoe yet
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    thats a shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's one of the finest honors at temp
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's one of the finest honors at temp