Hacking ISO Forwarder for Netflix Channel

ekudp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surely someone smarter that me must done this already.

My wii boots directly to USB loader. I have the Netflix ISO loaded in there. Now I want to add an ISO that forwards to the Netflix channel that I have installed.

Is there a forwarder in the form of an ISO that forwards to the Netflix Channel?

Trying to make it easy on the family.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooooooo...... you're asking to have a forwarder... in the form of an ISO... to load a channel? Kind of completely reversed of what's already done?

Why not just stick to the netflix ISO? Seems you're trying to find a solution to a problem you don't have.

ekudp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Netflix Channel has new features that the Netflix Disc does not (browsing, searching, etc). That is why I am not staying status quo. And when using the "disc" iso, it regularly reminds you that the channel version is available.

You are 100% correct on what I am trying to do. I know there are tools to create ISO Forwarders. It has been done for various homebrew already. I think the tool is called wad2iso but I don't have the WAD file for the Netflix channel.

AlteSean

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering something similar, this is actually a good question as Netflix has become the primary use of my Wii. There is also a huge difference between the channel and the disc, namely that in the channel you can search for what you want to watch.

What I would like to see is a mod of Priiloader enabling autoloading of the Netflix Channel, as you can with the homebrew channel or a USB Loader. Then setting the return to field as USB Loader GX. So when I turn on my Wii it loads to the Netflix Channel then then I select Wii Menu it will return to the usb loader.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is actually an ISO around with the nflix channel 1.0.1( with the search function and all ).
In fact, I downloaded that ISO before nflix released the official wii channel, made a forwader for my usb loader and boot it from the wii menu off the usb drive directly.
Of course my system became obsolete once nflix released the official channel.
Google for the iso V1.0.1 and intall that instead of the old v1.0, then you can boot into the updated netflix channel from the usb loader.

ekudp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. I am trying the 1.0.1 WBFS now. That is a decent soloution.

A future proof solution would be an ISO Forwarder to the Netflix Channel.

BTW, I am using USB Loader GX and it does have channel loading but is a few clicks deep. The ISO version is so convenient.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
There is actually an ISO around with the nflix channel 1.0.1( with the search function and all ).
In fact, I downloaded that ISO before nflix released the official wii channel, made a forwader for my usb loader and boot it from the wii menu off the usb drive directly.
Google for the iso V1.0.1 and intall that instead of the old v1.0, then you can boot into the updated netflix channel from the usb loader.

can you provide a link for the channel to be downloade? I searched google but couldn't find it? thanks

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bnm81002 said:
Arm73 said:

can you provide a link for the channel to be downloade? I searched google but couldn't find it? thanks

Sure, how about this :
RVD420 said:
the netflix 1.01 file can be downloaded in wbfs format at megaupload.com/?d=9N8U030G

QUOTE(ekudp @ Nov 25 2010, 03:19 AM)
Great. I am trying the 1.0.1 WBFS now. That is a decent soloution.

A future proof solution would be an ISO Forwarder to the Netflix Channel.

BTW, I am using USB Loader GX and it does have channel loading but is a few clicks deep. The ISO version is so convenient.

I think that's the PERFECT solution if you ask me.
It does exactly what you want it to do, so why mess around with forwarders and such
wink.gif
?

ekudp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got around to trying the updated 1.0.1 disc ISO. Won't work. As soon as it is loaded it gives you the Netflix message that the disc is no longer needed (eject disc and recycle it).

The only solution that will work is to make a Netflix ISO Forwarder to the Netflix Channel.

Anyone ever done this?

I would also be happy with an ISO version of the WAD from something like wad2iso. Anyone have the WAD?

Thanks.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
ekudp said:
I got around to trying the updated 1.0.1 disc ISO. Won't work. As soon as it is loaded it gives you the Netflix message that the disc is no longer needed (eject disc and recycle it).

The only solution that will work is to make a Netflix ISO Forwarder to the Netflix Channel.

Anyone ever done this?

I would also be happy with an ISO version of the WAD from something like wad2iso. Anyone have the WAD?

Thanks.

Could have saved yourself the trouble, I told you that was the message it gave ya! =]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1