Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I honestly don't even... what??!!

I understand all the words but not quite in that sequence. Lol!

I'm gonna take a guess on what you're asking and recommend wii back up manager... why do I feel like I just bet everything on 00, lol, come on big money I'm feeling lucky!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a ISO Builder that will work for any Wii game? I have seen the ones that work for Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.
I think I understand what previous users concerns are :

let's decompose the questions :

Is there a ISO Builder that will work for any Wii game?
hmm, let's split it again :
Is there a ISO Builder? Yes ! Wit for example. There are also old tools like wii partition creator, then you need to merge them using Wiiscrubber.

that will work for any Wii game? Maybe that's the part which is confusing. You ask specifically for a tool which works with all games, so it imply that you already tried and it doesn't work with all games. or does "any" imply it doesn't work at all, and you would like one to work at least with one ?
if it works with one, it work with all. Why would it be limited to specific games?

Which game did you try ? which tool did you use ? what's the problem ? what's the error you get?

I have seen the ones that work for Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.
These are not builders, but patchers, right? so, you want patchers or builders?
if they were builders, then you already knew about a tool doing it, because all games have the same disc layout/architecture.

Or maybe you want a game editor ? like szs editor to edit Mario kart's tracks?

If you want to rebuild an ISO from an extracted file system (file and folders) then use Wit, or partition creator+wiiscrubber. (WIT is recommended, as everything is automated)

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: XFlak

Theprodigyhnic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I understand what you guys are saying I should have taken more time to explain what I’m looking for I asked for an iso builder because the 1 I have is called Newer Super Mario Bros Wii iso builder so I thought that’s what they are called.

I’m gonna try this again explaining what (please be patient with me I’m on my phone and we all know how this phones autocorrect.

Ok here’s what I’m looking for. Recently I been replacing character models in Newer SMBW with character models from other other games. I’ve read and watched tutorials on how to edit the models for them to work in Newer SMBW. After I edit them I just replace the original with the edited then run it through the Patcher/ISO Builder for Newer SMBW and it places the edited model in the game. An example would be this guy on YouTube replaced Mario with Sonic. I’ve also seen people replace characters in MP9. I know they are using riivolution. The program I have for Newer SMBW allows me to patch the riivoltuion files over the original NSMBW and creates a WBFS so I play the game through USB loader. The that I have is that program is made specifically for Newer SMBW and only works for Newer SMBW. What I’m looking for is program similar to the one I have but works with other Wii games and is not made to work with just one specific game. Sorry for the long post.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, so what you want is a patcher, not really an ISO builder.
You want to mod a game to edit its content with custom elements.

Mario kart and NSMB (not Smash bros! as you said previously), had someone create tools to do it more easilly, because they were often customized.
There are tools to edit the tracks, and levels, and sprites, etc.

There's no universal tool to edit a file, you need to learn how to do it for each game, unless it's using a known format (like .szs, which is very common in nintendo's games).

once you have your new edited file, you can test it with :
- Riivolution (and original disc), to load replaced/edited file from SD on the fly at play time.
- Wiiscrubber, to replace the file in the ISO manually.
- Wit (except the ISO to file and folder format, replace the file, rebuild the ISO) <--- this is what everyone thought you were asking
- a ready to use tool (mario kart, NSMB patchers, but you might notice they are written by Wit's author and based on Wit tools, these are just batch files to do the replacement)

so, to answer your first post, I don't think there are other game patchers. but Maybe I don't know them.
Mario kart and NSMB are the two most known.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.