1. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi™ Devilishly good looking

Antarctica
    I know it won't work, I mean did they release the source or something so someone can work on it to make it work on the DStwo. Since it's Linux based I was wondering if they did that.

2. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Sure ! some emulators require bioses and they are not illegal if they are released without the copyrighted file. [​IMG]
    Just need to clean the archive like another world did for the dingoo review and upload it to filetrip without bioses inside.

3. Cid2mizard

Cid2mizard GBAtemp Fan

France
    I have 2.1 with isupdate20110117

4. Recorderdude

Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

United States
    No source in the IsmartMM end [​IMG]

Dingux itself is completely open source though.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi™ Devilishly good looking

Antarctica
    Well since someone got that working on iSmartMM, why is no one doing that that for the Supercard Two? >.< This clearly show that it will work since it's clearly working on the iSmartMM, which isn't as powerful as the Supercard Two.
    Also no I can't do it myself since I have no idea how to do it myself or it would have been done along time ago.

6. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Be sure to use the rootfs from the plugin, not from the dinguxZ4.
    In the microsd root you should have 5files as explained in the readme.txt.

7. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
    there seems to be some confusion here. it would be nice if someone compiled an archive that was already correctly set up (with the correct files) and the bios files removed. then put that archive on filetrip.

an included readme of what bios files were removed would solve the problem.

as far as i understand it this is a bootable port of dingux on the ismartmm. the emulators themselves have not been optimized for the ismartmm which would include fixes for the obvious data throughput loss (similar to what the scds2 experiences). i'm thinking that a large majority of the emulators which have been compiled for dingux (on the dingoo) will not work or work at slow speeds until they are optimized for the new environment in which they are running. that is of course assuming they can be optimized to function correctly on the ismartmm and that someone skilled enough to do that is interested in this project, the nds, and the ismartmm.

-another world

8. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

The full package is available on filetrip. No bioses inside of course.

BTW, the dmenu theme.cfg is in full chinese, i will see if i can get some help to translate it in english.

Edit : Thanks to Cheryl Natsu, i uploaded the translated theme.cfg. [​IMG]

9. Another World

Former Staff

Colombia
    whats the filetrip link for the setup download?

-another world

10. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

My second post is up to date. [​IMG]

BTW, after some testing, this beta release often corrupt some files on my microSD (chkdsk found me lost chains or bad entry in the FAT) .
    Maybe those who wish to try this plug-in should be aware of this bad bug.

11. Another World

Former Staff

Colombia
    msd corruption is a known problem with dingux, something that has never been addressed.

more info: http://www.dingux.com/2009/07/showstopper.html

-another world

12. Cid2mizard

Cid2mizard GBAtemp Fan

France
    Good works for me with new filetrip archive [​IMG]

13. quartercast

quartercast GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Well I had no idea what Dingux Z4 was so I looked it up.

This is an interesting development, is the iSmartMM essentially a Dingoo in a flashcart? Does the iSmartMM also contain an Ingenic chipset?

14. chyyran

chyyran somehow a weeb now.
    Developer

Canada
    Why does iSmart get this but not DSTWO, while the DSTWO is much more common and powerful?

*waits for a DSTWO port*

15. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    :/...will you DSTWO users stop acting so jelly for this 0.o...at the moment, it isn't really useful for much...the rescaling to fit the DS screen already did a toll on how pretty it should have looked...and EVERYTHING that it can do is most likely slower than what all of you are expecting anyways...With that said, I swear I'm going to figure out how to get this stupid nxengine to work correctly on this port (probably my microSD got corrupted already...I tested stuff before Mbmax got to xD).

16. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Because the DSTwo has a crappy SDK that is barely alpha quality and has lots of stuff hidden behind binary blobs which would have to be reverse engineered to make a Dingux port. The iSmart's SDK is much more open and actually tells you how to do low level hardware access. It is like comparing Java or pure .NET (the DSTwo) to C/Assembly (the iSmart). BTW, by "pure .NET" I mean no P/Invoke or native DLLs, managed code only.

17. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

[​IMG]

@all : Cheryl natsu has updated the translation of the theme.cfg (Dmenu). Now it's fully English translated. The filetrip file is updated.
    Grab the new one. [​IMG]

18. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

I confirm that analyze. For now the scaling from 320x240 (dingoo resolution) to 256x192 (DS resolution) is not so great.
    Now about the fact the emulator is slow, i can't say because i don't own a Dingoo A320 yet.
    BTW, the iSMM CPU is the same than the Dingoo and it also have the same amount of RAM, 32MB.
    The additional memory in the Dingoo is 4GB but the flashcart can use the microSD for that and i guess it's what it does.

Let see if tysong will improve the current version.
    For now i can't test much because of the corruption bug which is quite critical. [​IMG]

Ps @ jurassicplayer : i wasted 2 hours in trying to make this plugin works on my ismm, to finally found there was a bug !
    It doesn't work if you run it on a DSi in ds mode but run properly on a dslite !
    [​IMG]

19. .Chris

.Chris Clueless

United States
    Does this only work for iSmart MM?

20. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

i am a lazy craphead and so I haven't read the entire thread but..

1) will this/can this be made to work on the iplayer?

2) if so, can i use this to play some dingux homebrew such as zelda RotH since my dingoo has a broken sd slot?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - iSmartLinux, release, beta1