Is WiiFlow compatible with ntfs formated usb?

Yeti64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been running a fat32 SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 128GB for about a year or so now and it works great for game cube games, but for Wii it was a little weird. By weird, I mean it would only run games on WiiFlow. Usb loader GX worked for a day then it would throw up an "USB not initialed!" message and would switch to my Wii menu. This was fine however since nintendont and WiiFlow got along with my usb.

This brings us to today. I was trying to play Super Smash Brothers Brawl on wiimmfi with some of my buddy's when it wouldn't transfer SSBB to the wbfs folder, it would stop at 4GB and say there was an error copying to the directory. I looked up why my game wouldn't transfer to my usb drive and it pulled up with a web page saying that fat32 can't transfer more then 4B. I saw that it said ntfs would be able to transfer more than 4GB, so I backed up my saves and formatted to ntfs. I then copied SSBB.wbfs(That's not the file name I just abbreviated lol) to the usb and... IT TRANSFERRED! End of story right? I wish. I put the open shop channel onto the usb and tried opening it in homebrew and it crashed. I thought, "Okay i'll just use my sd card.". I download WiiFlow off osc and run it. Wiiflow boots up perfectly and it won't read my usb. I made sure to set the game partitions to check my usb for games but it still wouldn't read. I doubled checked a wiiflow guide(I can't post links but it from wiiDOTguide. ) and it says to use fat32 OR ntfs.

So now I am lost. I'm using a chroombook to get my files to usb(i've tried windows but it throws up an error about the file being to big.).

If you know a solution, PLEASE tell me. My discord tag is Yeti64#3116 if you want to contact that way. Have a good day!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes, u can use ntfs, but you shouldn't. Use wii backup manager to transfer games, if transferring to fat32 it will automatically split it into parts, and usbloaders will be able to load them in their split form just fine

Yeti64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, u can use ntfs, but you shouldn't. Use wii backup manager to transfer games, if transferring to fat32 it will automatically split it into parts, and usbloaders will be able to load them in their split form just fine
Ah, thank you for the answer. I just used it and it worked.

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

Skuddy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn’t do that for me it just doesn’t show up I have the game idea wbfs and wbf1 I’ve tried Wii flow and usb loader gx brawl just won’t load please help!

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Question, does other games or homebrew runs from it? Did you tryed different game cios? Use Wii backup manager to verify the integrity of the game (under tools for hasvalue SHA-1).
USB Loader GX and flashdrives are not best friends. NTFS on a flash drive is not recommend, it generates a lot of write cycles wich is wearing out (killing) your flashdrive. You might use fat32 or wbfs filesystem. Maybe there was a filesystem or sektor error on your drive. You can correct it with chkdsk /r in Powershell. If you use a standart cios, use port 0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay