1. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

I'm considering buying an SX Lite from them. They ship to Australia and are listed as an official reseller on the Team Xecuter website but their website worries me for two reasons: they don't use encryption and their certificate has expired.

Has anyone here used them? How were they?

EDIT: the thread tag should be "Question", not "Suggestion".

Last edited Sep 2, 2020
  2. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I pre-ordered from them. There was no real delays on their end as everyone at that time was waiting on the actual stock from TX. The slow shipping was the only option at that time and of course shipping from China to USA has always taken a month or so. On top of the delays at customs it sat there for a couple more weeks.

Overall it was good. The delays didn't have anything to do with them as a reseller. I paid with PayPal just in case there was any issues. They accepted it as a payment, but only through email/messages. It was my understanding they didn't publicly use PayPal on the site to prevent getting shut down by Nintendo. Not sure if they're still accepting it as payment or not.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

3. XD2020

XD2020 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I ordered and received one from them. Worked fine but standard shipping was slow

4. Meatloaf916

Meatloaf916 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I usually use the non standard shipping for them and it takes like a week. Shipping is free if you buy 7 units. If you’re buying one with standard just know it’ll take a month.

5. airrich

airrich GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i ordered from them, it took 2.5 months to get to me. if i were to do it again i'd go with aliexpress instead. cheaper and faster apparently.

regarding their shitty site...

6. XD2020

XD2020 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Use a different browser. I couldn't get there using Chrome but was able to with Internet Explorer. Kind of crappy that Chrome doesn't even give you the choice of continuing on anyway.

7. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

I would like to warn everyone: if you choose to buy from them, pay via PayPal, not credit card. All PayPal payments are encrypted but their website does not encrypt credit card payments.

If you pay via credit card you should consider your card compromised and request a new one from your credit card company. The other option is to lock your card immediately and only unlock it temporarily when you're buying something.

happy-ending and Stealphie like this.
  8. rob531

rob531 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ordered a Core SX, chose DHL shipping, paid via PP, it shipped the next day and was received in less than a week.

happy-ending likes this.
  9. doinky

doinky Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Who is installing it for you?

I'm in Sydney and having trouble finding someone to install it in a Mariko switch.

10. nitroflux

nitroflux Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    i ordered from them to the uk - took a week...

happy-ending likes this.
  11. Kmoney

Kmoney Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What’s the AliExpress info please ?

12. airrich

airrich GBAtemp Regular

United States
    msg peggy.xie1 on skype

13. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

I would suggest you find an electronics repair service. Nintendo does take legal action against installers so for their sake you should go to their store and ask in person whether they will install it for you. They will be more inclined to do the job if they believe you'll be discrete about it. Don't give them an online review and don't tell anyone who did it for you.

If you have a friend with soldering experience you can try asking them. Once again, be discreet. It's very unlikely Nintendo will take action against someone who only installs one modchip but it's still best to be discreet.

Last edited Sep 16, 2020
  14. happy-ending

happy-ending Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is the final product you received a completely usable product?
    If you have any shipping question, you can contact their online customer service to solve shipping question. I have waited for almost 2 months, but the waiting time is not as long as you.
    The online staff explained that during that time the United States could not ship the packages normally, and I went to the local post office to pick up my package

15. happy-ending

happy-ending Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It is recommended that you clear the Chrome cookie to open txswitch new link.
    But don’t choose to clean up easily to avoid invalidation of your previously stored passwords.
    Although I opened the txswitch shop, but the previously stored password is gone, I must log in again

16. XD2020

XD2020 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try Chrome and if it doesn't just work try a different browser. txswitch.com site is working for me with sx core and lite in stock.

17. jojo319

jojo319 Member

United States
    Appears this site has finally been shut down as well.

18. DragarX

DragarX Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    I purchased an SX Core from here 9 days ago with standard shipping and I've already received the device and got it installed. Would say they are certainly trustworthy and prompt, if they still exist.

19. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    DNS was updated a day or two ago. I'm assuming they're moving servers. The fact that they had ssl cert issues forever (I'm assuming they lost the keys) means they're probably having issues moving the server over as well.

I'm also assuming if they were closing shop, they would just delete the server. Instead of actually updating DNS to a new IP.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

20. Jimmi

Jimmi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    sxflashcard is down too. i was trying to look at the team xecutor devices on those 2 websites but there both down lol

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - trustworthy, txswitch,