Hacking Is this SDHC not an SDHC?

KFR42

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My girlfriend wanted to play lego harry potter but it wouldn't work on her current firmware. I offered to upgrade it for her, stupidly not realising that hers was a clone and not an original like mine. So I'm trying to find some firmware to put on her card that will actually work. I'm certain its an SDHC card as it is identical to the one pictured on the R4SDHC website. No i's or anything like that, but yet their firmware does not work on the card. Does anyone have a clue what type of card it could be? I've tried loads of different firmwares and none of them seem to work!!! Thanks in advance, I'm at my wits end!!!

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be one of dozens that look "almost" identical....

For instance mine thats a really cheap knock off is a Super R4i and I would get my firmware at www.super4i.com it works fine for what it is, but I will never see any sort of firmware updates at all...

If my M3 Simply was SDHC, I would still be using it.

KFR42

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks exactly like this:

r4-3.jpg

Which is from r4sdhc.com, but their firmware doesn't work with the card. Nor does the r4new.com firmware suggested. I have no idea what the box looked like as it isn't mine.

I'll try some of the other suggestions later.

Thanks again.

KFR42

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jceggbert5 said:
Make a YSMenu using the latest DSTT firmware (NDSTT.com) and patch it with R4's DLDI patch. Install as the normal firmware. Done!

Almost always works...

edit: DLDI patch available here: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/

Nothing has worked yet, so I'm tryong this now. However, I thought you could only patch .nds files. How can I do that when DSTT firmware doesn't include an nds file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple