is this possible? will it ever BE possible?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by xomp, Jul 11, 2009.

Jul 11, 2009
  1. xomp
    OP

Newcomer xomp Advanced Member

United States
    I've been looking to use my USB playstation 2 rockband equipment for the Wii. I can't justify buying the complete kit for $180+ here in town when I've already got the kit for playstation 2. With the current possibilities of the Wii now is this a possibility? If not, will it ever be?

Cheers!

2. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    The mic works since it's a regular usb mic, but the other instruments have drivers for button configuration. I GUESS it's possible, but it would obviously be a hardware mod. I doubt you'd wanna mess around with the internal parts of your instruments.

3. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Technically, an adapter would be able to be produced but no-one could justify the amount of time and testing it would take. It would just be unpractical.

4. xomp
    OP

United States
    I wouldn't mind modifying the ps2 equipment. Any idea how?

5. goku21temp

Member goku21temp GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. xomp
    OP

United States
    Many Thanks!

I guess I need to find out if the Rockband 1 drumset for the Wii is bluetooth? Anyone know?

7. supermodchips

Australia
    The set for the wii is all wired so you have to plug them into the USB ports in the back of the console.

8. xomp
    OP

United States
    Awesome! In theory, if I can find a way to perhaps flash the chip in the PS2 Drumset with that of the Wii's I can get this thing working? If I find a way to do this I'll surely post a complete guide on doing so right here!

I'm not new to hardware modifying in the least and think this would be an easy project if I can find what info/software I need. This is a much better option than shelling out $180 for the whole kit at the local GameStop.

9. supermodchips

Australia
    In theory, it is possible but re-flashing the chip would require a wii version would it not?