Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
So a month ago when me and my brother were taking apart our Wii we hated when you had to do this step:
08_remove_front.jpg

It took us about 5 minutes to remove it because we were so afraid that we would rip the cable connecting it. In almost all reviews I have seen the person has taken that cable out but I have also seen a few that leave it in.

My question is: Is it really necessary to take that out?

I am going to mod one of my brothers friends Wii in a couple weeks and if I can avoid it I would rather not take that cable out. So that is why I posted this question.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't because I was too scared of damaging it. I didn't disconnect any of the cables on the motherboard either because I didn't want to break them. Basically, I didn't remove any cables.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IIRC, that's the blue LEDs power cable. Y'know, the ones which lit up when you insert a disc
smile.gif

It's not necessary to take it out, but it would be better. You could risk in breaking it while you mod the Wii, and btw, it's just annoying having it around when you're modding it
smile.gif

A Wii with the blue light looks a lot better than a Wii without one because of a broken cable
wink.gif

Don't worry about ripping it out, it's pretty resistant. Just take the two cables firmly next the connector and pull it out.

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually used a very very tiny flathead screwdriver to lift mine up.

By very very tiny, I mean the kind used for eyeglasses.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was just like you,so I looked at some disassembly videos and i just saw them ripping that out. Just grab the cord as close to the white part and give it a tug.

Now just gotta wait for that free-clip to come in from DX =(

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
I just grab the wires and pull. I've modded about 10 Wii's now and never had the cables break on me.

The plug isn't in the socket that firmly. Be brave!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."