Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kempston, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009

Is this normal? by Kempston at 3:33 PM (886 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Kempston
    OP

Newcomer Kempston Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I have purchased a Akasa enclosure to put my 3.5" Samsung 400gb drive in. I created a 60gb FAT32 partition on it and then, using WBFS Manager 1.0, turned that into a WBFS partition before putting a few games on it using the same tool. The games show up on the partition fine in WBFS Manager and WBFS Gui rev7 but when I put the drive into the Wii and start USB Loader, it sees the partition but not the games. I then put the drive back into the computer and the two apps above see the games fine.

I have deleted the games and I'm currently adding a game via the Wii from disk onto the partition using the USB Loader itself. I will post an update once it has finished, I was wondering if the above means the enclosure probably isn't computable.

2. Kempston
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok, I copied Mario Galaxy off disk onto the partition using the USB Loader itself as mentioned above and afterward it saw the game and I was able to play it fine (played it for about ten minutes with no stutters on the cut scenes unlike the disk). I then connected the disk back into my laptop and neither WBFS Manager 1.0 or WBFS Gui rev7 could see the game on the disk!

Am I the only one who has come across this seemingly weird issue?

3. Kempston
    OP

United Kingdom
    Just noticed that both the windows guis mentioned above list the 60gb partition as having no space free once the game had been put on by the Wii. Like I said though, the game can be seen and works in USB Loader.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

4. Kempston
    OP

United Kingdom
    Come on, can someone help me out here please?

What we have is a partition that works with games that have been put on it using the USB Loader itself from DVD but not using any Windows WBFS gui application from ISO. Any applications installed via ISO through all the Windows WBFS guis I have tried don't show up in the loader (No Games Found) and when the games are installed via USB Loader and DVD, the partition is listed as empty from the various guis but as having no space available.

5. omgmog

Newcomer omgmog Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    From what I've read, the USB Loader 1.1 doesn't support HDD Partitions very well or at all yet.

6. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    your wbfs partition should be the primary partition.

7. Kempston
    OP

United Kingdom
    Brilliant, this fixed the issue. Cheers mate.

8. ekolimits

Member ekolimits GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah its very buggy in support... so many hdds and enclosures are incompatible as of right now... i really hope that compatibility jumps up soon... right now my enclosure is not compatible... and neither is my 500gb external drive... [​IMG]