Is this all I need?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ~*NarutoForever*, Mar 9, 2009.

Mar 9, 2009

Is this all I need? by ~*NarutoForever* at 12:54 AM (1,056 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ~*NarutoForever*
    OP

Newcomer ~*NarutoForever* Member

United States
    Uh, well I'm new to the 'flash cart' thing so please bare with me ^^; I wanted to play NDS roms on my DS Lite. I don't want anything fancy since I don't know much, I just want something simply and easy to use. I came across this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19236

I was wondering if this is all I need in order to play NDS roms on my DS Lite. Also, if I wanted to play GBA roms as well, do I need something more?

By the way, is this site trustworthy? I'm a little scared to give away my information without first having opinions on this website.

Thank you so much in advance!

[​IMG]

2. Blake1710

Member Blake1710 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
  3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Isn't the "New DSTT" a fake? I don't really keep up with these things, but I think I recall hearing that it was a fake.

4. ~*NarutoForever*
    OP

United States
    Huh? What's that?? o-o;;

5. Mr.Seiko

Member Mr.Seiko GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    With one of those cards, you would also need a MicroSD Memory Card.

You would load the roms onto the MicroSD, and put the MicroSD into one of those cards, Then put the card into the DS, and enjoy.

6. ~*NarutoForever*
    OP

United States
    They come separately? Does it have to me a specific MicroSD or...? By the way, Vague stated that the DSTT is a fake, is that true? I was thinking of getting that one...D:

Thank you so much for your help ^^

7. Mr.Seiko

Member Mr.Seiko GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  8. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    There are fakes DSTT from dealextreme - I'm guessing it's just a bit of luck whether you'd get real DSTT so I'd suggest getting AK2, the AKAIO firmware (think it as a OS for flashcarts like XP or Vista for Windows), that firmware are excellent and updates are fast.

Updates - again, like Windows - fixes problems, updates so the new games would work, etc.

I've got a AK2 and a CycloDS. CycloDS are the best flashcart out there in my option but a bit pricy. Here's the list for best gaming experience on your DS:-

*AK2 with AKAIO firmware OR CycloDS (depending on how much you want to spend).
    *MicroSDHC (again, depends on how many games you want to have on your card at once.) Don't get microSD from dealextreme! Get it from a reliable website like newegg.com.
    *3in1 - Slot 2 device - so you can play GBA games.

As for micro cards - you'll need a micro reader, they are like a USB pen flash but it reads your micro cards. These should be included in AK2 or CycloDS. If not, they are only $1-3 on dealextreme.

That's pretty everything you'd need. A total of about $30-40. Which is less than a good DS game and you'll have access to thousands of games, oldie games included! [​IMG]