Is this all I need?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ~*NarutoForever*, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ~*NarutoForever*
    OP

~*NarutoForever* Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Uh, well I'm new to the 'flash cart' thing so please bare with me ^^; I wanted to play NDS roms on my DS Lite. I don't want anything fancy since I don't know much, I just want something simply and easy to use. I came across this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19236

I was wondering if this is all I need in order to play NDS roms on my DS Lite. Also, if I wanted to play GBA roms as well, do I need something more?

By the way, is this site trustworthy? I'm a little scared to give away my information without first having opinions on this website.

Thank you so much in advance!

[​IMG]

2. Blake1710

Blake1710 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 24, 2008
    New South Wales, Australia
  3. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Isn't the "New DSTT" a fake? I don't really keep up with these things, but I think I recall hearing that it was a fake.

4. ~*NarutoForever*
    OP

~*NarutoForever* Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Huh? What's that?? o-o;;

5. Mr.Seiko

Mr.Seiko GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2008
    Canada
    PEI
    With one of those cards, you would also need a MicroSD Memory Card.

You would load the roms onto the MicroSD, and put the MicroSD into one of those cards, Then put the card into the DS, and enjoy.

6. ~*NarutoForever*
    OP

~*NarutoForever* Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    They come separately? Does it have to me a specific MicroSD or...? By the way, Vague stated that the DSTT is a fake, is that true? I was thinking of getting that one...D:

Thank you so much for your help ^^

7. Mr.Seiko

Mr.Seiko GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2008
    Canada
    PEI
  8. wilddenim

wilddenim Candy!

Sep 4, 2007
    UK
    There are fakes DSTT from dealextreme - I'm guessing it's just a bit of luck whether you'd get real DSTT so I'd suggest getting AK2, the AKAIO firmware (think it as a OS for flashcarts like XP or Vista for Windows), that firmware are excellent and updates are fast.

Updates - again, like Windows - fixes problems, updates so the new games would work, etc.

I've got a AK2 and a CycloDS. CycloDS are the best flashcart out there in my option but a bit pricy. Here's the list for best gaming experience on your DS:-

*AK2 with AKAIO firmware OR CycloDS (depending on how much you want to spend).
    *MicroSDHC (again, depends on how many games you want to have on your card at once.) Don't get microSD from dealextreme! Get it from a reliable website like newegg.com.
    *3in1 - Slot 2 device - so you can play GBA games.

As for micro cards - you'll need a micro reader, they are like a USB pen flash but it reads your micro cards. These should be included in AK2 or CycloDS. If not, they are only $1-3 on dealextreme.

That's pretty everything you'd need. A total of about $30-40. Which is less than a good DS game and you'll have access to thousands of games, oldie games included! [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice