is this a media issue?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by roffles, Dec 24, 2008.

Dec 24, 2008

is this a media issue? by roffles at 5:05 AM (718 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. roffles
    OP

Newcomer roffles Newbie

United States
    Hi,

I recently installed a wiikey2+wiiclip and I am having some issues. Originals work but backups are detected but then I get an error reading the disc and then it tells me to eject and reboot.

My original Okami works fine, but when I put an Okami backup in, it detects the game and lets me launch it but after the loading screen I get the error.

House of the dead 2& 3 return original works fine, but when the backup launches, I can go through menus and change configurations but once I start the game it goes to the error message.

I know about the media issues but does this sound like it could be that?

NTSC (USA) Wii, I tried DVD-R (fujifilm) only because that's all I had on hand... I'll head to the store to pick up some +Rs if this seems like a symptom of a bad burn or something. thanks. I did try burning at both 4x and 8x though. Any help is appreciated.

2. SpikeyBryan

Member SpikeyBryan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most people would suggest you pick up -R's instead of +R's. It's a media problem, get nicer media

3. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    It is a bad burn, check Da'list, and IF:

You have a 1st class media, burn at the speed that the disc says (Eg. 16X)
    You have a 2nd class media, burn at half the speed (8X)
    You have a 3rd class media, go buy better media ye' cheap bastard..!!! :@

using a writter that is only 3 years old or newer can make the difference on the burning, if you are using an older one, try searching for the latest firmware for your writter