is this a media issue?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by roffles, Dec 24, 2008.

1. roffles
    OP

roffles Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2008
    United States
    Hi,

I recently installed a wiikey2+wiiclip and I am having some issues. Originals work but backups are detected but then I get an error reading the disc and then it tells me to eject and reboot.

My original Okami works fine, but when I put an Okami backup in, it detects the game and lets me launch it but after the loading screen I get the error.

House of the dead 2& 3 return original works fine, but when the backup launches, I can go through menus and change configurations but once I start the game it goes to the error message.

I know about the media issues but does this sound like it could be that?

NTSC (USA) Wii, I tried DVD-R (fujifilm) only because that's all I had on hand... I'll head to the store to pick up some +Rs if this seems like a symptom of a bad burn or something. thanks. I did try burning at both 4x and 8x though. Any help is appreciated.

2. SpikeyBryan

SpikeyBryan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2008
    United States
    Seattle
    Most people would suggest you pick up -R's instead of +R's. It's a media problem, get nicer media

3. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    It is a bad burn, check Da'list, and IF:

You have a 1st class media, burn at the speed that the disc says (Eg. 16X)
    You have a 2nd class media, burn at half the speed (8X)
    You have a 3rd class media, go buy better media ye' cheap bastard..!!! :@

using a writter that is only 3 years old or newer can make the difference on the burning, if you are using an older one, try searching for the latest firmware for your writter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice