Is This A Good Build?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by [MLG]xX420NoScopeBlazeXx, Sep 27, 2014.

1. [MLG]xX420NoScopeBlazeXx
    OP

[MLG]xX420NoScopeBlazeXx Member

Banned
    Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    So my disposable income just increased and I'm thinking of building a new PC to replace the somewhat outdated C2Q GTX285 PC mentioned in this thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-well-can-this-play-games.371824/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX

Total cost is approximately $700

Going to use the same case and 750W PSU from my previous desktop.

I'm looking to play demanding first-person shooters (Battlefield, CoD) at graphics better than the PS4. Resolution of my monitor is 1080p. Is this build balanced well and at a good price-performance ratio?

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    It should be sufficient for your needs. Personally I don't like AMD procs, but let's not be biased here.

3. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    the 6300 is a decent enough chip. Perhaps not bought for its out of the box performance, but it does easily overclock a fair ways even on a standard cooler. Its a very cool running chip! The GTX970 is probably the best value for money card that I have seen since the 8800GT many years ago!

4. Ulieq

Ulieq GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    Los Angeles, California
    Pretty crappy build for $700 bux. At $700, you can get an i7, a very nice i5 setup.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice