Gaming Is there such a program...

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as the "moderator" who took action on this thread decided to blindly delete posts instead of actually reading them, I'll reiterate my completely germane statement here:

A modern (Nehalem) quad-core processor with off-loading to a mid-range GPU will have no trouble processing screen activity with two cores devoted to an activity such as Dolphin. Why you arbitrarily decided to bring up local performance implications I'm not quite sure, as my statement was regarding bandwidth saturation.

This will be my last post in the thread. Why you chose to be so combative I'm not sure, and honestly don't care.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The posts were just you two bickering at each other, it had nothing to do with what the OP was asking at all, and it wasn't helping him with his problem either.

But anyway, it would be nice you know your specs of what you're using so that we could get a better idea.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
The posts were just you two bickering at each other, it had nothing to do with what the OP was asking at all, and it wasn't helping him with his problem either.

But anyway, it would be nice you know your specs of what you're using so that we could get a better idea.
Ahh okay.
MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file format

It's going to be on a ipod touch

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you consider using sites like ustream or livestream? Livestream actually comes with it's own program to record things, or you can do it how ever you like. Depending on your computer specs though, it could vary how well it will record.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
Have you consider using sites like ustream or livestream? Livestream actually comes with it's own program to record things, or you can do it how ever you like. Depending on your computer specs though, it could vary how well it will record.
I'll try livestream.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fwiw, I used Xfire and so did half a dozen of the people I pvp'd with when I did competitive arena in WoW earlier this year. it captured all vent/skype conversation and streamed decently whether there was one viewer watching or 150.

my most skilled teammate had a shitty PC and had a lot of pretty consistent fans for a team that wasn't in the glad level. he was still able to stream at a pretty solid quality and resolution without hindering his latency enough to negatively impact rated PVP nor slow his computer much, so I think Xfire has been designed specifically to be low-impact.

however it is probably a proprietary compression format that requires plugins and may not fit your needs- but i can vouch for the quality being pretty good. good enough that plenty of people were able to observe split-second mistakes live and offer jeering or tips (via chatroom which can be disabled).

again, if this doesnt help because it's not exactly what you need or not cross-platform compatible enough, i apologize.. but this may help others curious about the subject nevertheless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay