Hacking Is there fan program for nintendo Switch?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yeah and if you turn it back on without letting it cool it WILL over heat and burn. As is the case with ALL consoles that shutdown due to overheating, turn them on to quickly and they will be perma damaged. This is extremely common knowledge.
That is the biggest piece of misinformation I've read in a long time. Most things will shutdown BEFORE it even hits the breaking limit. The sensors of overheat will be on long before your booting will do before burning it up. Hell you must use something that ignores it over all to be any danger...

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this code only controls "skin" temperature and not SoC and PCB which is irrelevant..
tskin is the only thing that impacts fanspeed and is calculated from SoC temp and PCB temp.

EDIT: 53C SoC would be around 45C to 50C tskin iirc, which shouldn't even get the fan up to 45% in handheld...

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah and if you turn it back on without letting it cool it WILL over heat and burn. As is the case with ALL consoles that shutdown due to overheating, turn them on to quickly and they will be perma damaged. This is extremely common knowledge.
Consoles and computers check temps before even allowing you to cause additional damage

FinalLau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
tskin is the only thing that impacts fanspeed and is calculated from SoC temp and PCB temp.

EDIT: 53C SoC would be around 45C to 50C tskin iirc, which shouldn't even get the fan up to 45% in handheld...
If you think that "tskin" code is the only thing that impacts fanspeed itself, then prove me wrong that you could reduce the fan speed by configuring it running max OC in handheld. That code are the only parameters you can configure. There are other codes out there in another system setting structure that also exists which is why you can never reduce the fan speed just by changing the "tskin" code itself which why ive said this code is irrelevant....
Code:
fan
This is "nn::fan::detail::IManager".
Cmd | Name
0 | OpenController

IController
This is "nn::fan::detail::IController".
Cmd | Name
0 | SetRotationSpeedLevel
1 | SetRotationSpeedLevelByDiff
2 | GetRotationSpeedLevel
3 | SetRotationRate
4 | GetRotationRate
5 | [1.0.0-6.2.0] EnableFan
6 | [1.0.0-6.2.0] DisableFan
7 | [1.0.0-6.2.0] GetActualRotationSpeedLevel

tc
This is "nn::tc::IManager".
Cmd | Name
0 | SetOperatingMode
1 | GetThermalEvent
2 | IsActionAllowed
3 | EnableVirtualTemperature
4 | DisableVirtualTemperature
5 | SetVirtualTemperature
6 | EnableFanControl
7 | DisableFanControl
8 | IsFanControlEnabled
9 | [5.0.0+] GetSkinTemperatureMilliC

Last edited by FinalLau,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think that "tskin" code is the only thing that impacts fanspeed itself, then prove me wrong that you could reduce the fan speed by configuring it running max OC in handheld. That code are the only parameters you can configure. There are other codes out there in another system setting structure that also exists which is why you can never reduce the fan speed just by changing the "tskin" code itself which why ive said this code is irrelevant....
Code:
fan
This is "nn::fan::detail::IManager".
Cmd | Name
0 | OpenController

IController
This is "nn::fan::detail::IController".
Cmd | Name
0 | SetRotationSpeedLevel
1 | SetRotationSpeedLevelByDiff
2 | GetRotationSpeedLevel
3 | SetRotationRate
4 | GetRotationRate
5 | [1.0.0-6.2.0] EnableFan
6 | [1.0.0-6.2.0] DisableFan
7 | [1.0.0-6.2.0] GetActualRotationSpeedLevel

tc
This is "nn::tc::IManager".
Cmd | Name
0 | SetOperatingMode
1 | GetThermalEvent
2 | IsActionAllowed
3 | EnableVirtualTemperature
4 | DisableVirtualTemperature
5 | SetVirtualTemperature
6 | EnableFanControl
7 | DisableFanControl
8 | IsFanControlEnabled
9 | [5.0.0+] GetSkinTemperatureMilliC
If you going to be like that, I'll reword:
Whatever checks tskin (PTM if I had to guess) is the only thing that adjusts the fan speed via the fan speed functions.
You'd have to be using a custom sysmodule for anything else to be actively settings speeds. At which point, your entire argument would be invalid.

And I have used max clocks in handheld in the past.

Reactions: TheCasualties

FinalLau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
If you going to be like that, I'll reword:
Whatever checks tskin (PTM if I had to guess) is the only thing that adjusts the fan speed via the fan speed functions.
You'd have to be using a custom sysmodule for anything else to be actively settings speeds. At which point, your entire argument would be invalid.

And I have used max clocks in handheld in the past.
I do agree its invalid. But tskin code does not seem to be only setting that controls the fan speed. It seems there is something else controlling it at the same time because changing the code itself does not work at all for me no matter how you try to limit/reduce the fan speeds and im still figuring out.. maybe it has something to do with some of these codes..
tskin_soc_coefficients_handheld
tskin_pcb_coefficients_handheld

Last edited by FinalLau,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning