Hacking Is there any USB Loader for Gamecube games?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the black wii soft modded with all the proper CIOS and IOS files and have been happily running all my Wii games off my external 1TB HDD now I was wondering if any one new of a way to play Gamecube games off and external HDD?

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's DIOS-MIOS, but I don't think that's going to be released, and there's the WODE, but that's expensive and a hard mod.

ferdi-t

Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The way I understand it: when the Wii goes into Gamecube-mode, it shuts off connections to the OS, WiFi, SD and USB and only sees the hardware related to the GC (mem card, GC-controller, disc drive). This is why there's no loader as yet.

I assume that it could be done in theory to get a backup-loader. But this would require a program to operate within the Wii OS, and essentially emulating the GC-games instead of directly playing them. It could be done (the Xbox 360 works like this out of the box), but it would require a lot of hard work to get things running smoothly.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ferdi-t said:
The way I understand it: when the Wii goes into Gamecube-mode, it shuts off connections to the OS, WiFi, SD and USB and only sees the hardware related to the GC (mem card, GC-controller, disc drive). This is why there's no loader as yet.

I assume that it could be done in theory to get a backup-loader. But this would require a program to operate within the Wii OS, and essentially emulating the GC-games instead of directly playing them. It could be done (the Xbox 360 works like this out of the box), but it would require a lot of hard work to get things running smoothly.

It's already pretty well known that it's possible to leave starlet running while in GC mode. All you then have to do is patch the games to talk to starlet instead of the drive directly.
You don't get streamed audio & it's hard to get working.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly smf with waninkoko's rev 20, there is an easter egg that runs gamecube games at wii clock speeds. dios mios is basically emulation, except its emulating the entire system (or so i think) and redirecting reads from dvd to reads from usb.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smf said:
ferdi-t said:

It's already pretty well known that it's possible to leave starlet running while in GC mode. All you then have to do is patch the games to talk to starlet instead of the drive directly.
You don't get streamed audio & it's hard to get working.

Dios Mios works. Crediar is going to release it in a couple days. Its a SNEEK dirivitive not an emulation i think. Still very "hacky".

Info
http://rvlution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=404

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT-4RofyV9I

l8

raine.sisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Since everything will be open source it should be obvious that there will be no protection as people would simply remove it, in the end you're going to hell for pirating"

Aww jeah.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Woot? DIOS MIOS goes Open Source? Damn
frown.gif

knexkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's really exciting. I do believe there are talented people out there that will have this figured out before too terribly long after he releases it to the community. I'm exited to see what develops in the coming months

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉