Homebrew Is there another custom theme editor?

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using Roxas75's theme editor but ran into several issues. First, the only download link available was extremely slow (despite using Mediafire, which typically works fine), and I had to use wget to download it. That's not really an issue anymore of course now that I have the program, but the program doesn't even work for me. The Import and Export menu items do absolutely nothing, and when I try to open a body_LZ.bin file, this happens:

bPRnSJa.gif

The console window that appears says something like "The system cannot find the path specified." And unfortunately, there isn't even any source code so I can't tell what's wrong. I heard somewhere that spaces in the path can cause problems, but there aren't any spaces in the path at all. I even tried moving it to a folder in the root of my C drive with no spaces just to make sure, and it gave me the same problem.

Has anyone made another editor I can use?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using Roxas75's theme editor but ran into several issues. First, the only download link available was extremely slow (despite using Mediafire, which typically works fine), and I had to use wget to download it. That's not really an issue anymore of course now that I have the program, but the program doesn't even work for me. The Import and Export menu items do absolutely nothing, and when I try to open a body_LZ.bin file, this happens:

bPRnSJa.gif

The console window that appears says something like "The system cannot find the path specified." And unfortunately, there isn't even any source code so I can't tell what's wrong. I heard somewhere that spaces in the path can cause problems, but there aren't any spaces in the path at all. I even tried moving it to a folder in the root of my C drive with no spaces just to make sure, and it gave me the same problem.

Unblock the rar before unpacking it if it still wont open run it in compatability mode

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading a theme from the custom theme thread and see if that opens. If that doesn't work, make sure your .NET framework is up to date.

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well actually I found out that Every File Explorer can edit themes as well. But now I have another problem. I save the .bin file, and use Roxas75's script to convert it to a CIA (since that part doesn't crash) but when I try to import it using BBM, it says the CIA is invalid.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bPRnSJa.gif

ha ha so funny i had the EXACT same problem because who ever wrote that guide ,roxas i guess
did not make it very clear, it seems like he is saying you need to put the themeeditortool.exe and its files in a no space in folder path,but i did the same exact thing that you did, i put the themeeditortool.exe and folder on the c:/ drive and it still didnt work,
i was getting really pissed off when it kept not working then i finally figured it out

it only worked after i put the body_lz.bin files in that folder path too with no spaces
so i dont know if it is just the body_LZ.bin that needs to be in a no space folder path of if both the body_LZ.bin and the exe files need to be
i just did both and then it finally worked

flarn2006

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many people want a custom theme editor, so I've been in development in a cross-platform theme editor that will (in the future) support every thing on the 3DBrew's Theme page!

Stay tuned ~
Can you please have the "simulation" screen actually show the folder/border images?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many people want a custom theme editor, so I've been in development in a cross-platform theme editor that will (in the future) support every thing on the 3DBrew's Theme page!

Stay tuned ~

looks great so far , but will it be able to change the other sounds too? besides the bg music?

Deleted member 313057

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
commentblock.com
XP
Country
United States
Can you please have the "simulation" screen actually show the folder/border images?

As I get closer to the release date, I'll happily implement this. It actually may not be included in the first release, as the demand for this program is growing drastically, but I will see to releasing it with it in the future.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: